The future of Gun Shows in Florida? What's your opinion?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
charliedwsr

The future of Gun Shows in Florida? What's your opinion?

Post by charliedwsr »

Well girls and boys, are gun shows finished? What about other shows? :?:
“Show me a hero and I’ll write you a tragedy.”
F. Scott Fitzgerald
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Naaah they’ll be back!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

They'll be held off, or just be small (even if physically large) because of all the requirements imposed, making use of this "crisis". When "anti-social distancing" (obviously, "distancing" and "social" are contradictions in terms) goes away, maybe they'll be better. The real question is what the outcome of the election will be. One way would enact laws to end the gun shows, or relegate them to posters and jerky. The other way will require more security as the "Antifa" crowd will use violence to force their way on everyone else. Of course, this will apply to a lot of things.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

This question seems to confirm my thesis that this Virus is another Crisis that the Libitards did not go to waste and will use it to unseat The Donald. Let's see:
  • Stop use of Fossil Fuels for Airplanes - Check.
  • Stop use of Fossil Fuels for Cars - Check.
  • Mass redistribution of wealth. Check.
  • Eradication of that pesky Constitution and replace with Fascism - Check.
  • Minimum Income - Check.
  • Inhibit Gun sales - Check.
  • Take away the one issue The Donald can run on, the economy and instead replace that with Donald's Depression - Check.
  • Distract the country from all the Deep State crap they pulled in the last four years that is being revealed if anyone looked - Check.
I have not been to a gun show in more than a decade. The one I loved all so much was the Lakeland show at the Civic Center that was twice a year. The typical shows that rotated every six weeks where the isles were clocked with people drove me crazy. And now with these crazy libitard rules here in Mosquito County that I cannot sell my own guns walking up and down the isles at the gun shows I have even less reason to go to them.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Correct.

Notice also, the left manages to call President Trump's action inadequate, and they use contradictory accusations. One was he didn't act soon enough or strongly enough. And, others on the left say he has created a bad economy. Sounds like a setup, playing monkey-in-the-middle. All well orchestrated. I'm sure they're already rehearsing demonstrations, and whining about voter suppression.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
MadMan

Post by MadMan »

Not trying to get off the subject of the OP, but I had to stop by a local hospital yesterday. The parking lot was empty and when I reached the entry, I was met by some storm troopers who wanted to know what "my business was ,here"?)
You know how hospitals run in this quiet bustle, like an ant mound? This place was empty...echo empty.
My first thought was; these leftists are way ahead of us .
State run hospitals are around the corner
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

As Hillary Clinton says "Never waste a good crisis" between the media pumping fear 24-7 into the TV I think the gun shows will be back soon.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
pharmer

Post by pharmer »

I wish no misfortune on Khaled but if he "sold" the circuit and another promoter (without a string of gunstores) was to let them be ruled strictly by market forces, the quality of the shows would improve. Competition is a good thing. Joe
Keep Today Fresh
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

pharmer wrote: Sun May 10, 2020 10:08 am I wish no misfortune on Khaled but if he "sold" the circuit and another promoter (without a string of gunstores) was to let them be ruled strictly by market forces, the quality of the shows would improve. Competition is a good thing. Joe
Sorry. I don’t agree. The shows he bought are much better now that he promotes them. His shows with the exception of Mort, the beef jerky guy only allows guns, or gun related items. Look at the WPB show, that he didn’t get. It’s once every 3-4 weeks. When Khaled took over his shows, he spaced them out further apart so attendees could have more time to accumulate more $ to make purchases, instead of 3 weeks apart, & going to the shows broke. By spacing out the shows, he has them less often, which means less shows, & less $ for him. At the WPB show, you can buy guns, ammo, knives, & beef jerky, as well as cakes, boots, shaving supplies, clean your glasses spray, burglar alarm systems, magic tape to repair exploded radiator hoses, back rubs, and many other things that have absolutely nothing to do with guns. Oh, and don’t forget the local titty bar had a table there until they went tits up. Yes, I know I’m partial in that I work for Khaled when he needs me, but I also work for Ira, & other FFL’s, and many will only do the WPB show if Khaled doesn’t have a show the same weekend. The reason is these FFL’s know they will sell more guns at Khaled’s show than at Bill’s show. And that’s what it’s all about. Selling as many guns as possible. Oh, does Bill’s show give a free gun to an attendee at every show? But, that’s just my opinion. GARY.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Within the next few years, yep, toast. Most are no longer worth going to anyway with parking, has, food, and fighting the great unwashed. But hopefully I am wrong. :lol: