This is just sad right here shooting of unarmed black man

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Firemedic2000

This is just sad right here shooting of unarmed black man

Post by Firemedic2000 »

2 armed men -- one a former district attorney investigator -- claimed they were making citizen’s arrest on a young black man as he was out jogging. Their excuse...they said he matched the description of another black person who had recently been robbing construction sites. BTW their actions did not follow Ga. Law on the definition of Citizens Arrest. Not even close. Now their actions of attacking and murdering an innocient American out jogging. Well that's a different story
Excerpt of conversation with 911
Greg McMichael: “And he’s been caught on the camera a bunch before at night. It’s an ongoing thing out here.”

McMichael later told police he suspected that Arbery was burglarizing houses under construction in the Brunswick neighborhood. Based on what a so called surveillance video of a black man.
These two men for no other reason than they though this black kid out jogging may have looked like someone else. Decide to stop this kid and pull a shotgun on him. To make a citizens arrest. Then when he refused and fought back Because he was afraid and then tried to get away from these thugs. They shot him twice in the back with a shotgun.

I guarantee you if there had not been a video. These two criminals, murders would have gone free.

Just think about this for a moment. If two unknown men had did that to anyone here. What would you've done.
Excerpt
Police were told the elder McMichael armed himself with his .357 handgun and the two followed Arbery for two blocks before, according to the report, McMichael shouted: “Stop, stop we want to talk to you.”

They told investigators they pulled up next to Arbery and the former investigator’s son “exited the truck with a shotgun.” now this may be stupid on my part. But if someone pulled up next to me. Whom I did not know and jumped out with a shotgun. What did they think was going to happen. Maybe something like stated in below statement

Greg McMichael told police Arbery then “violently attacked his son, and the two men started fighting over the shotgun." Travis McMichael fired two shots, killing Arbery, they told police.

Police said the McMichaels rolled Arbery over to see if he had a weapon, but no weapon was found.
I hope these two are put on death role for murder. I'd dare say that based upon this article. This was a hate crime also. I do not use that word ever. But they stopped and murdered this kid just because he was black.

This is beyond just sad. The video contraindicated some important facts they left out. What's even worse. They were not arrested until there were witnesses and a video of this murder.
Except
A former prosecutor who had examined Arbery’s case told police the McMichaels acted within the scope of Georgia’s citizen arrest statute and that Travis McMichael fired his weapon in self-defense. no they did not. Citizens arrest while in the act of a crime. When did jogging and fighting for your life become a crime. Againt two armed men who jumped out of a truck one with a shotgun. This is outright stupid

Here's Ga CITIZEN arrest law
Georgia's citizen's arrest law requires that the offender must have committed a crime in the presence of another person, or that person must have "immediate knowledge" of a crime that has taken place by the perpetrator. ... "It's insanity to even attempt to try and call that citizen's arrest

Maybe looking like another person is NOT immediate knowledge. immediate knowledge is the samething as direct knowledge. Which these two murder did not have because they did not know the man they murdered. This so called former prosecutor is probably former for a reason

Phillips said he’s concerned, that state attorneys didn’t intend on prosecuting until the video surfaced.

Because of the shooter’s family connection with Glynn County law enforcement officials, the homicide case was first transferred to Ware County and then transferred to the Hinesville District for the same reason.

Gee I wonder if this right here was why they were not charged and all these in the L.E. community from L.E. district attorney ect did not press charges in the first place. Until that darn video surfaced. It's damn sure it's why these murders were not charged.
https://www.news4jax.com/news/georgia/2 ... black-man/
Last edited by Firemedic2000 on Thu May 07, 2020 1:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

That's worse than sad. One probably thought he could be a vigilante because of his former position; the other thought he could benefit from that cloak.

I carry when out alone. My feeling is a draw and fire is one continuous motion. I don't draw unless the danger is obvious. Suppose that kid did just that when the shotgun came out. Can you imagine what would have happened to him in that county, with the connections of one of the "vigilantes"?
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

You nailed it. vigilantes those two thugs were nothing but murdering vigilantes they had zero authority under Georgia LAW as written to do anything. At most if they were concerned they should have call local L.E. But for that former district attorney to say they were justified in killing an unarmed INNOCIENT man speaks volumes. Plus what would L.E. and everyone involved expect that man to do. When somebody armed with a shotgun pulls up beside you and jumps out.

If it were not for that video and other witnesses these two vigilantes would have gotten away with murder. This is not the first time . That a video of former and active duty L.E. officials have been caught of things like this. Thanks to citizen videos.

Two others that have bothered me

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/201 ... 059708001/

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/08/us/s ... death.html

Of coarse let's not forget him being charged with excessive force and resisting arrest.

My question is who was assaulting who and I saw zero restance in video.. The officer beating the crap out of a social distancing violator.

The plainclothes officer, who was not wearing a protective face mask, slapping 33-year-old Donni Wright in the face, punching him in the shoulder, and once on the ground continued to punch him in the head, back and stomach. After dragging him to a sidewalk after leveling him in a crosswalk for his safety

https://www.fox5ny.com/news/violent-arr ... ng-patrols

But hey be careful. If you point out, say anything or express any animosity for the actions of public civilian servants. You'll be called hater. Which you are not.

Oh yeah LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES hate being called civilian law enforcement agencies. They think of themselves as paramilitary organizations. Which they are not.
Last edited by Firemedic2000 on Thu May 07, 2020 3:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Other Zimmerman wanna be.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
tector

Post by tector »

lakelandman wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 3:04 pm Other Zimmerman wanna be.
Amen.

Just call the fucking cops if you have a "suspicious" situation. This is what they do well. Don't create an unnecessary conflict. Quit playing cop.

God Almighty this shit makes us look bad.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Everything I 'm hearing is not that this father - son tard show is a black eye to gun owners, but just another example of the so called justice system protecting it's own.

Corruption is alive and well, sometimes video doesn't matter despite public out cry. Real justice would be the father/son sharing a cell with those who looked the other way after the shooting.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

they were both just arrested for murder

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/202 ... ck-jogger/

BRUNSWICK, Ga. – The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has arrested Gregory McMichael, 64, and his son, Travis McMichael, 34, in the deadly shooting of Ahmaud Arbery, according to a news release Thursday night.

They were both charged with murder and aggravated assault and booked into the Glynn County jail.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation announced the arrests the day after it began its own investigation at the request of an outside prosecutor.

The shooting death of Arbery, 25, has been passed through three district attorneys in the two and a half months since the man was shot and killed while jogging through a Glynn County neighborhood the afternoon of Feb. 23.
The Georgia Attorney General’s Office issued a statement reading:

“We are grateful the Georgia Bureau of Investigation has taken quick and decisive action. This tragedy cannot be undone, but this is the first step in what I am confident will be a swift road to justice.”

The Georgia Bureau of Investigation plans to hold a news conference on Friday at 9 a.m., and News4Jax will be there.

Arbery was killed Feb. 23 just outside the port city of Brunswick. The men who pursued him in a pickup truck told police they believed Arbery was a burglar.
Gregory McMichael served as an investigator for Glynn County District Attorney Jackie Johnson. He retired last year. The connection caused Johnson to recuse herself from the case.

Gregory McMichael told police after the February shooting that he and his son chased after Arbery because they suspected him of being a burglar. Arbery’s mother, Wanda Cooper Jones, has said she believes her son, a former football player, was just jogging in the Satilla Shores neighborhood before he was killed on a Sunday afternoon.

The GBI opened an investigation this week after the video was posted online by a Brunswick radio station. Republican Gov. Brian Kemp told reporters that he’s confident the agency will “find the truth.” Kemp on Thursday described cellphone video of the shooting as “absolutely horrific.”

“Earlier this week, I watched the video depicting Mr. Arbery’s last moments alive,” Kemp told a news conference in Atlanta. “I can tell you it’s absolutely horrific, and Georgians deserve answers.”

After the arrests were made Thursday, Kemp said on Twitter:

“I applaud GBI Director Vic Reynolds and his agents for their swift action. Justice will be served.”

Gregory McMichael told police he suspected the runner was the same man filmed by a security camera committing a break-in. He and his grown son, Travis McMichael, grabbed guns and began a pursuit in the truck.

Brunswick defense attorney Alan Tucker identified himself Thursday as the person who shared the video with the radio station. In a statement, Tucker said he wasn’t representing anyone involved in the case. He said he released the video “because my community was being ripped apart by erroneous accusations and assumptions.”

The outcry over the killing reached the White House, where President Donald Trump offered condolences Thursday to Arbery’s family.

“It’s a very sad thing,” Trump said in the Oval Office, “but I will be given a full report this evening.”

The outside prosecutor overseeing the case, Tom Durden, had said Monday that he wanted a grand jury to decide whether charges are warranted. With Georgia courts still largely closed because of the coronavirus, the soonest that could happen is mid-June.

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
Shadowbob

Post by Shadowbob »

The son looks like 3rd grade was the hardest 5 years of his life.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

This case suggests another problem. Not to belittle what happened to Mr. Arbery. Given the obvious depraved mentality of the "former investigator" One needs wonder about the potential of many cases of misconduct in his career as an investigator. How much evidence was twisted to suit his own biases; how many false confessions did he bully out of people; how many ASSumptions were turned into warrants and indictments, and probable false convictions? I do not think these are unreasonable questions arising from his behavior.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Slartibartfast wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 10:50 pm they were both just arrested for murder

Bubba & Bubba Jr.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -