Only manly men question

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Whoutink

Post by Whoutink »

Holy crap I never read the answers until now , I spent that weekend i asked getting prepared for the job I started that Monday. I bought some cheapos that are complete trash already. Going to take everyone's post into consideration, especially the rainbow shoes.

A lot of guys wear those sketchers, and other lookalike boots, because they are super comfortable and no one is checking to see if they're real boots. So i think I might do that this time as a replacement. If I get caught I'll spend the money on something like redwing, timbo, wolverines, or something good that I could wear for several years
Thanks guys
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Timberland.

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Outgunu

Post by Outgunu »

When I was a contractor in the sandpit, I wore Converse, composite toe, desert boots. They were very light and felt like I was walking on pillows.
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

The most comfortable shoes I have worn are steel toed Keens.
mohshard

Post by mohshard »

When la police gear was selling the Converse Boots for 40 a pair, I bought three and my last pair wore out a few years ago. My son still has a pair of uses their great boots very comfortable but they stain very easily.

Keen makes really good boots. I have two pairs of their low shoes with composite or steel toes and they're comfortable to wear as sneakers when you're on your feet all day. Their boots with the black rubber toe are amazing shoes, the last pair I bought lasted a year-and-a-half with daily wear.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

mohshard wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 8:08 pm When la police gear was selling the Converse Boots for 40 a pair, I bought three and my last pair wore out a few years ago. My son still has a pair of uses their great boots very comfortable but they stain very easily.

Keen makes really good boots. I have two pairs of their low shoes with composite or steel toes and they're comfortable to wear as sneakers when you're on your feet all day. Their boots with the black rubber toe are amazing shoes, the last pair I bought lasted a year-and-a-half with daily wear.
I bought 2 of those pairs of tennis shoe boots :D , as they are called, one leaked like a sieve and I pitched them, but the other wore well, got about 3 years or partial use out of them, too high on the calf for me tho.
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

I can vouch for the Keens. They have both waterproof and vented models. Available in wide widths too. I got the vented style for the summer heat working in the BAE shipyards on the Navy’s LCS ships.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I don't know what it is about Keen's, maybe the all synthetic construction, but I wore a pair for several years up in New England and they still look barely used like your picture. Very comfortable too. Definitely waterproof, don't know how many times I sloshed around in water and melting snow with them.
Casual

Post by Casual »

Try shopping at Unionbootpro.com

15SIGNUP current promo code for 15$ off
Agrimensor

Post by Agrimensor »

Whoutink wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:59 pm I need the longest lasting, toughest, most comfortable, reasonably light weight, water proof, steal toe, slip resistant, baddest ass, recraftable/re-sole-able, most manly work boot.
You didn't say cheap. I had a couple pair of Danner Fort Lewis boots when I was working long days of railroad construction. They were the best boots I'd worn but real pricey and the local dealer stopped carrying them (that was pre-Amazon days) so I went back to Red Wings.