OK! Fess Up! Who's On The Medical Weed?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

OK! Fess Up! Who's On The Medical Weed?

Post by TC6969 »

Never mind!

I started this thread to discuss the MEDICAL ASPECTS of marijuana, and just as I predicted, it went straight off the rails into guns and ccw permits.
Last edited by TC6969 on Fri Apr 24, 2020 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorincoKid

Post by NorincoKid »

Not me.

I'm holding out for medical Cocaine.....

Have an in-law with a herb script though, for migraines and fibromyalgia(Spelling?). She says it helps.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Forget that $hit. We had a PBSO deputy come to our development to explain it all. First you need to see a doctor for a script. That’s at least $189. And that script is only good for a few refills. Than you need to see him again. Another $189. Then you get the card. More $. Plus the weed itself. So one of the gals in the audience who was over 70 asked the deputy “so in total what will that first 1/4 oz cost me”? When he answered about $400, she burst out laughing & said she could just go visit a friend, & pay $100 for the same thing, & avoid any doctor, or Gov’t list. GARY.
Last edited by N4KVE on Fri Apr 24, 2020 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

NorincoKid wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:04 pm Not me.

I'm holding out for medical Cocaine.....

Have an in-law with a herb script though, for migraines and fibromyalgia(Spelling?). She says it helps.
I'm holding out for medical Cocaine..... 1+++++++
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

When I was going thru chemo & radiation 2 yrs ago my Dr. recommended medical marijuana for the nausea. I refused because of the 4473 & CCL thing and because the beer & whisky was working just fine, more or less. There are other scrips you can get for nausea & the one I had worked pretty good the few times I needed it.
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I'll take Captain & Ginger
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
itsme

Post by itsme »

I gave it a try after several years of really bad neck pain that was ruining my life. The only thing that helped was Vicodin which I was prescribed for around 6 years. The Vicodin was okay, but the pain was back as soon as it wore off. So basically I was on a rollercoaster of pain and Vicodin. Physical therapy and injections failed to help. Since I started using legal weed my pain has improved to the point that I no longer take any Vicodin. I'm back to riding my bicycle 20 miles or more each ride, golfing, hiking through the woods for nature photography. I had basically stopped all of that due to the neck pain. I'm 64 now and enjoying my life again.
I can't say why it works but I was (and still am) in shock at the results. This has been a 2 year period of time that I've had relief so I don't think it's a placebo affect. I don't smoke it but use concentrate that you place a small amount under the tongue - about the size of a grain of rice.
The costs are prohibitive and should be lower, but finding a less expensive doc for the referral and using various discounts at the dispensaries it can be cost controlled somewhat. There are veteran discounts that are helpful that I take advantage of. Or if you're feeling lucky you can go the old fashioned route and get it from Jamal down the street...
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

As a Marine Engineer I'm licensed by the U.S.C.G., "Uncle Sam's Confused Group" ahhh I mean the US Coast Guard, lol, and they regularly remind us we have to abide by Federal Regulations irregardless of what individual states allow and that pot is a no-no.

And then Florida says your choice, one or the other, concealed carry or pot card, can't have both.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
Taco

Post by Taco »

It doesn't matter who else says or does what.

Before people get doors kicked in and draconian federal multi-decade mandatory minimums thrown at them, please be aware that a Federal ruling has already established that getting a 'card' is proof enough that you are a user. As a user, it is a crime to possess a firearm.

It's happened to many in California, so easy to crosscheck the databases.

*I've never done an illegal drug, ever- not college, not high school, never. That said, I'm all for the freedom for everyone else to put into their bodies whatever they want.. Why not recreational heroin? Do what you want, don't post about committing crimes here.
joel

Post by joel »

itsme wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:58 pm Or if you're feeling lucky you can go the old fashioned route and get it from Jamal down the street...
Jamal got picked up, he ain't there no more