300 Blackout + Silencer

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
armedpolak

300 Blackout + Silencer

Post by armedpolak »

Hi gang!
So I purchased the Radical Firearms Integrally Suppressed Upper in 300 Blackout yesterday, it was the only one available in a configuration I wanted (integrally suppressed, 16-17 inches length) so I said the hell with it and pulled the trigger :D but now I'm wondering if I got a good product or junk, specifically related to it's sound suppression capability.

In the SilencerShop's Range Report it averaged at 136db at ear. I have no previous experience with silencers so I don't know what that means :shock: is this a good number for 8.5" barrel with 8.5" suppressor shooting 220gr subsonic ammo? In the video it sounds really quiet TO ME, all I can hear is the action cycling... or the video did not pick up the actual noise of this gun. Also, I just got an email from SilencerShop's customer support guys and they said with good subsonic ammo I should get upper 120 db range. What is a good subsonic ammo and how is it different from bad subsonic ammo?!?

Oh, while I was at it I also canceled my order of Dead Air Mask .22LR can since it was on back order, and instead picked up the TacSol Integrally Suppressed PAC-LITE IV TSS, an upper for my Ruger Mark 4 pistol, which they did have in stock :D and besides I was planning on using the .22LR can on that one pistol only, and eventually (next paycheck LOL) I will be ordering an integrally suppressed barrel for Ruger 10/22... because loud guns are just so uncivilized :lol: and I really feel integrally suppressed, when such option is available, is preferable. Of course for my other handguns I plan on getting a 45ACP silencer eventually, and possibly another in 30 cal for a bolt action rifle, but everywhere else I want to suppress integrally...

And don't even get me started on a rant about NFA and wait times!!! That is such a blatant F**K YOU from the Fed to the law abiding American people it's making my blood boil! Why can't a silencer purchase follow the same rules as a handgun?! Fill out additional form, call in background check, hell pay the $200 stamp even, have the dealer glue the stamp to your Form 4 after you passed the BG check, and take the silencer home! WTF is this 10+ month wait?!?
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

armedpolak wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:40 am In the SilencerShop's Range Report it averaged at 136db at ear. I have no previous experience with silencers so I don't know what that means...
It means you still need at least 40db of hearing protection when you fire it.
...WTF is this 10+ month wait?!?
It could be, they are running a background investigation on you, instead of just a background check. It always took at least 6 months for military intelligence to run their background investigations on me.
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

Keep us informed as to progress. NFA tracker seems to indicate wait times trending closer to 90 to 100 days right now and I am curious as to if this is realistic.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Dang you went big bro. I have a 8.5" radical upper. I only shoot it suppressed and its stupid quiet with 220g. Integrally suppressed is a hair more quiet. I personally would have done it the other way around. Buy suppressors so you can use with different guns. Now you have to spend more but whos counting right? Just keep on stocking up till the wife finds out lol.
Sweep

Post by Sweep »

I have a mist in the vault came out of a sot that died and was shut down.. you near key west ? I could always 3 it to a closer sot this came out of a estate new and i will hook you up under dealer cost This thread makes me realize i have to move a few before i can move myself
chạy trốn hoặc giết tất cả và đốt hooches của họ.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

neverenoughguns wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:24 pm Keep us informed as to progress. NFA tracker seems to indicate wait times trending closer to 90 to 100 days right now and I am curious as to if this is realistic.
I got 2 back this week, both were still right at 7 months .

ATF has been a skeleton crew for last month or so, so tack on that time as well
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:38 am
neverenoughguns wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:24 pm Keep us informed as to progress. NFA tracker seems to indicate wait times trending closer to 90 to 100 days right now and I am curious as to if this is realistic.
I got 2 back this week, both were still right at 7 months .

ATF has been a skeleton crew for last month or so, so tack on that time as well
Bummer. Have been loosing faith in NFA Tracker.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:35 pm Dang you went big bro. I have a 8.5" radical upper. I only shoot it suppressed and its stupid quiet with 220g. Integrally suppressed is a hair more quiet. I personally would have done it the other way around. Buy suppressors so you can use with different guns. Now you have to spend more but whos counting right? Just keep on stocking up till the wife finds out lol.
good to know it's quiet! the upper I got has 8.5" bore and can. I plan on shooting only subsonic loads out of it.

yea I understand the economics of getting separate silencers vs integrally suppressed, but to me personally it's a better option and I don't mind paying for additional setups. eventually I want an integrally suppressed Mark 4, 10/22, and AR. then I plan on getting a 45 and 30 cal cans to attach to other things which don't have integral option.

I'll let you guys know how my application goes... hope to shoot it by Christmas ;)
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Just got an email from Radical Firearms answering some questions I had for them. they say sound levels are 134db with supersonic and 128db with subsonic. is that good, really good, so so, or bad???
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Also just got some closeup pics of the upper. Enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk