Man Coughing And Not Covering His Mouth Leads To Shots Fired

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
lakelandman

Man Coughing And Not Covering His Mouth Leads To Shots Fired

Post by lakelandman »

JOHNSTOWN, PENNSYLVANIA — A man who coughed and didn’t cover his mouth is what police say started an altercation that led to another man firing shots.

53-year-old William Sauro, the driver of the vehicle; and 56-year-old Guillermo Alvarez, the trigger happy man, are at the center of this story.

Police later interviewed Sauro, who told them he saw Alvarez walking through the Sheetz parking lot “coughing and not covering,” the complaint says.

Sauro says he told Alvarez to cover his mouth when he coughed because of the virus going around, according to the complaint.

Sauro said the comment led to an altercation with Alvarez, who eventually pulled out a pistol and fired a round into Sauro’s windshield that lodged in the speedometer, according to police.

Alvarez then fired several more rounds into the front driver side tire, police say.

Police say surveillance video shows Alvarez stop at the front door of the Sheetz and look back at Sauro in his vehicle before having an apparent conversation with him.

Alvarez is then seen walking over to confront Sauro, who got out of his vehicle, police say.

Police say Sauro then got back into his vehicle before hitting Alvarez with his vehicle.

That’s when police say Alvarez pulled out a gun and started shooting.

The altercation could have been calmed down by either party, but neither seemed to back down. It was only after Alvarez was hit by Sauro that he pulled out his firearm and began shooting, but Alvarez could have avoided the situation altogether. And both, certainly, could have done something to de-escalate.

Both were charged with aggravated assault and recklessly endangering another person.

While Alvarez wasn’t carrying his firearm legally, this is the exact opposite of how gun owners should behave. Whenever we can, we are to avoid confrontation at all costs. The only time we draw our firearms is if our life is in immediate danger. Alvarez had plenty of time to walk away, and furthermore, shouldn’t have continued on with his actions.

“I think the incident to a certain extent maybe as a result of the frustrations and anxiety people are feeling right now because of COVID-19,” Cambria County District Attorney Greg Neugebauer said. “I would urge people to have patience with each other as much a possible as people are on edge being around people right now.”

https://concealednation.org/2020/04/man ... l_I8MYyQJs

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Unless I'm coughing in your face or on your lunch, STFU... you're not the "virus police". :roll:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
TACC

Post by TACC »

Yeah, the cougher is an idiot, but common sense says dont shoot him.
The shooter is an idiot, and should have walked the other way.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Reread got it. Still gun guy guilty. Other man just stupid
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Lastrites

Post by Lastrites »

Well it did say the guy in car hit the cougher with his car after their initial conversation. They do seem to deserve each other though.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Lastrites wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:59 pm Well it did say the guy in car hit the cougher with his car after their initial conversation. They do seem to deserve each other though.
Yes, it is about time people who deserve each other met, instead of bothering others.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

I thought for sure I was going to read that George Zimmerman was involved.