Solvent Traps... a wink wink nod nod silencers?!?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

amheck wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:22 pm I was surprised at the price of some of these solvent traps. I would like another 22 suppressor and some of the kits are well over $200 plus. For that price, I'm going with something for just a few bucks more from a real suppressor company.

Although the 30 day form1 wait is super tempting over the Form4 process.
You can find cheap sub $50 22lr kits but most are from China or poorly made. If you use titanium parts then you can use it on 22lr or 223 if you wish while remaining relatively light. Don’t buy any from Wish.com though. Customs confiscate them because they do not care for what the ATF determines is legal. They have the final day of what they allow into the country
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Gunnyhiway wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:38 pm
I'll also add this since I'm here. I have also heard some scuttlebutt from guys in our gun club as since I really don't follow it that suppressors/silencers are less expensive now and getting a permit or license is less expensive and easier and faster to obtain.
Any truth to any of it ?

There is no such thing as a "permit or license" needed to own a suppressor.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I own nine suppressors

GRIFFIN RSTA use this one on my SCAR 17
GRIFFIN SPR use this one on SCAR 16
GRIFFIN Resistance
GRIFFIN RECCE 5.56
GRIFFIN ALPHA
.22 WARLOCK 2 wished I'd gotten .22 suppressor made out of stainless steel Instead of aluminum. But I did not know any better at the time. I hate aluminum.
HYBRID with every attachment
YANKEEHILL 308 titanium dt for bolt gun
SICO 45acp
and a few SBRs but to be honest with the Tailhook 2 brace :P why bother anymore.

Thanks again rent for getting me a few of them. Miss having lunch with you at Sonny's barbecue.

That said one of my friends :lol: yeah I know. But I do have a few friends :P

Did a form 1 suppressor for his 6.8 spc. I swear that thing was quieter than mine on form 4s built it out of titanium. I was actually shocked at how quite it is. I need to look at how he built it.

But there is alot of extremely knowledgeable people here that know exactly what they are talking about when it comes to the sale and possession of these. Listen to them and you will not any problems with ATF.

Believe it or not there are some really good guys that work for them. But like everything else. There are ass wipes to that work with ATF. Just stay legal and you'll not have any problems with them.

I know, I know we should not need to register anything and like Europe be able to buy things like this off the shelf. SBR registering is stupid to me along with anything really. But it could be streamlined so much to make it faster. Like having dealers run checks. Just like NICS.

But it's our communist elected officials that are the problem.

It took me anywhere from 5 to 10 months on form 4s and form 1 stuff 2 to 3 months online. But heard it's alot faster for form 1 items now.

I have never been asked by any official to see my forms for what I have. Though I did have an IDIOT shooting at Guncraft in Ruskin once. Pretty much come unglued on me. His truck was wearing NY tags on his truck.

I walked up with an SBR with a suppressor on it. I noticed he keep staring at me. Then out of nowhere. No hi how are you or I did not know we could own those.

Just start yelling at me. Saying you can not own that. It's illegal to own those. Yada, yada, yada.

I just said to him. It is legal for me and you need to mine your own business. His face turned beet read and kept screaming I was breaking the law and needed to leave the range or he'd report me. I said go ahead.

Now I've been shooting at Guncraft for 20 years and know pretty much everyone there. I'd never seen, talked to this guy before. He must have just infested our great state from NY.

I RO there every once in a while for events. This numnuts goes stomping off to the office and meets one of friends outside. He's still screaming and pointing at me.

Saying I'm breaking the law and they could get into trouble also by allowing me there. I just laughed watching the look on his face and my buddy that was running range that day.

But they told this commie to never bother a member there again. That he needed to look up the laws instead of accusing people of breaking them. That if he ever bothered another member again he'd be kicked out.

Seriously this nut job was so upset that I had a suppressed sbr I thought he was going to turn his revolver on me. I'd never seen anyone ever come this unglued before.

My friend told me that this NY'er was yelling there was no reason for anyone to own guns and suppressors. My friend asked him to leave for the day and said welcome to Florida before he stomped off to his truck. Staring at me like he could bite my head off. Never saw him again at range after that.

These are the people that move here. Get involved in local or state politics. Like a city commissioner, Mayor whatever they can do to effectively try and destroy our way of life here in this great state. They are dangerous in that they behave like DICTATORS.

Just like that Hillsborough County commissioner who said this stupid comment when curfew was in place. That there was NO REASON anyone should be out past 9pm jogging, walking their dog or really doing anything.

This is the mindset of these ass wipes. They want nothing but power over people and think they are smarter and know what's best for you. We crackers are dumb backwoods SOUTHERNERS.

You can do nothing except what I say you can. If you do not you'll be arrested and fined or RED FLAGGED because you disagree with me and have a different opinion. You might do something.

Remember what SHERIFF of PINELLAS said about open carry or guns in general. Basically he'd order his deputies to shoot people.

Got off track. But we need to close our borders to new northern TYRANTS. You can visit but you cannot move here. We're full now. :lol:

But it's people like this guy that attacked me. That can and does effect our laws and 2nd ADMENDMENT rights. Get enough in power. No more suppressors or other form 4 or 1 items allowed. Just like VA. is trying to do. Ban everything.
Last edited by Firemedic2000 on Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:57 pm
I'll also add this since I'm here. I have also heard some scuttlebutt from guys in our gun club as since I really don't follow it that suppressors/silencers are less expensive now and getting a permit or license is less expensive and easier and faster to obtain.
Any truth to any of it ?

I've been misled bigtime. All I had heard for the last 30 years or so was you had to wait a lifetime to get paperwork to own one and they cost a fortune.
So it's nothing like a class 3 full auto permit /license/green card/nazi papers or whatever the PC term is for the ability to have one?

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Gunnyhiway wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:31 pm
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:57 pm
Any truth to any of it ?

I've been misled bigtime. All I had heard for the last 30 years or so was you had to wait a lifetime to get paperwork to own one and they cost a fortune.
So it's nothing like a class 3 full auto permit /license/green card/nazi papers or whatever the PC term is for the ability to have one?
Tax stamp from IRS
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

Yeah, the $200 type, OK.

Whats a decent silencer going for these days for a 1911 ..45 ACP and a 9mm 92FS , ballpark price ?

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."

ROLL TIDE !
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Go here bunny and research it and read reviews. I bought several from them. I put mine on a trust. So I could add my wife. Plus was able to leave them to people I chose when I die.

Me personally I like a trust. If you decide to get one. I'll send you a copy of my trust. I think I have a blank one.

Plus silencer shop handles everything. You can use the electronic finger print machines to send them your finger prints and just take a computer pic.

Just choose from the list of FFLs in your area. 200.00 stamp and no fees when you pick it up. I like the SICO TI RANT IN 45 and you can use it on 9mm just change piston. If I had it to do over. I'd gotten the SICO ti rant 9mm also.

Love my HYBRID it can be used on anything if you buy the attachments. All the way up to a 338 lwm

But there are many good suppressors out there.

https://www.silencershop.com
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

Bunny my ass but thanks anyways Hero. :mrgreen:

ROLL TIDE !
amheck

Post by amheck »

Gunnyhiway wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:53 pm Yeah, the $200 type, OK.

Whats a decent silencer going for these days for a 1911 ..45 ACP and a 9mm 92FS , ballpark price ?
Obsidian 45 is around $650. Im sure there are cheaper options but i dont know prices for 45 cans off the top of my head.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Gunnyhiway wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 6:53 pm Yeah, the $200 type, OK.

My octane .45 was 795+ 200 stamp. But you can get them between 600 to 1k tops. Well worth it i think.