Solvent Traps... a wink wink nod nod silencers?!?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Taco

Post by Taco »

Gunnyhiway wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:38 pm
osprey21 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:14 pm Most all AR15s made today come with M16 profile bolt carriers.
You are all correct, my bad.
What I meant to say is more than one part that can make it full auto like a trigger, selector, dissconnector hammer etc.

And God forbid you get caught with an unregistered DIAS.
There is constructive posession of a machine gun.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Anyone remember Edward Basile from Gun Smoke Ent in Okeechobee FL? GARY
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I do and I have one of gunsmoke ent. Lower receivers. Never been fired. Let take that back. Are you talking about the employee that got into alot of trouble. Making some questionable stuff and selling them out of his home

I was refering to the old man that had his store right on lake the lake with a hugh tower next to it. That was a pretty decent store.

Here's link

https://www.justice.gov/archive/usao/fl ... 20-01.html
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Ed Jr was the son. He used to go to the gun shows, & I bought an AR upper from him. Nice guy. Then one day he asks me at a show if I was interested in a DIAS. I thanked him, but told him as much as I’d like one, I wouldn’t enjoy sleeping with one eye open. I also advised him if he offered one to someone who was jammed up with the cops, he could get into big trouble. Sure enough, a few months later, that happened. Too bad, as he was a nice guy, & we’d have nice chats. He took in a British FAL on trade, & I bought it from him. Still have it. GARY.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

N4KVE wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:31 am Anyone remember Edward Basile from Gun Smoke Ent in Okeechobee FL? GARY
His lowers were nice and well priced. When he initially got arrested, I was contacted and asked if I'd been offered any machinegunny items, to which I said no. I did tell the guy that Rent was making naughty movies in his basement.
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

He was starring on a series called The Gimp of the Swamp....
Scary shit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:25 am Looks like he got three years:

https://www.theledger.com/article/20110 ... /608074378
And that’s exactly what I warned him could happen. GARY.
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

Constructive possession is a real thing as it applies to AOW's, SBR's, SBS's, DD's, and MG's.
If you have a combination of parts that can be only be assembled into one of the above configurations, then constructive possession applies.

Silencers are a different story in that any single silencer component is an NFA item.....each baffle, tube, cap, etc....

The reason the "Wish" monocore "solvent traps" are getting seized, is that it doesn't matter if the endcap is drilled or not....the monocore is complete/functional....so by law, that single part is an (unregistered) NFA item.

All of the solvent trap manufacturers that have been shutdown had one thing in common....they demonstrated openly how their products were essentially "DIY" suppressor kits....

I wouldn't order the first component until I had an approved F1 in hand.....nor would I order a complete "kit" from a single manufacturer....

People who think ATF won't consider their "solvent trap" a suppressor only because the endcap isn't drilled might be in for a big surprise....slide over to forfeiture.gov and look at the list of how many of these things are picked up regularly.

I remember going to gun shows in the '80's when you could buy all the internals for MAC/RPB/Sionics suppressors at one table, and the tubes about 4 tables down....

That all ended in '86.....and as much as I like to see a flourishing F1 suppressor community/industry, I'm still baffled how the suppliers are allowed to stay in business

Baffled
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

But it gets better: https://www.preppersdiscount.com/store/ ... r-Kit.html

This is a straight machine gun. How this is not constructive possession baffles me...