Solvent Traps... a wink wink nod nod silencers?!?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

It is not illegal unless you drill it out.
A block of aluminum is not a AR-15 receiver until you drill some stuff out.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

Gray area of intent. If I had an AR pistol and a AR carbine in the safe, it’s not constructive possession of an SBR unless I’m boasting online that in 2 seconds I’ve got one and post pics. However, if the ATF has a hard-on for you for any reason, they can charge you and watch you lose $ and time defending it.
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

neverenoughguns wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:31 am If you buy a regular suppressor through the form 4, isn't it like a 10 month wait or so?
Yes.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
dieselbeef

Post by dieselbeef »

seem very much like the oil filter adaptor debacle
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

Off topic a bit but the way it was explained to me if you posess ANY M16 full auto parts that are not even installed in a rifle and own an AR15 you are in violation of the law and will get you a free ride to a federal facility for a lengthy vacation.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Gunnyhiway wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:53 am Off topic a bit but the way it was explained to me if you posess ANY M16 full auto parts that are not even installed in a rifle and own an AR15 you are in violation of the law and will get you a free ride to a federal facility for a lengthy vacation.
These days most if not all AR’s, & clones come with a full auto bolt carrier. But the guy who sells these devices at the WPB show never mentions the form 1, and only talks about filtering industrial fluids. GARY.
Last edited by N4KVE on Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Gunnyhiway wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:53 am Off topic a bit but the way it was explained to me if you posess ANY M16 full auto parts that are not even installed in a rifle and own an AR15 you are in violation of the law and will get you a free ride to a federal facility for a lengthy vacation.
i agree that is the way it was explained to me too, however that's like saying
if you own a car and have a bottle of Scotch you're guilty of constructive DUI
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

Most all AR15s made today come with M16 profile bolt carriers.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
amheck

Post by amheck »

I was surprised at the price of some of these solvent traps. I would like another 22 suppressor and some of the kits are well over $200 plus. For that price, I'm going with something for just a few bucks more from a real suppressor company.

Although the 30 day form1 wait is super tempting over the Form4 process.
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

osprey21 wrote: Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:14 pm Most all AR15s made today come with M16 profile bolt carriers.
You are all correct, my bad.
What I meant to say is more than one part that can make it full auto like a trigger, selector, dissconnector hammer etc.

And God forbid you get caught with an unregistered DIAS.

I'll also add this since I'm here. I have also heard some scuttlebutt from guys in our gun club as since I really don't follow it that suppressors/silencers are less expensive now and getting a permit or license is less expensive and easier and faster to obtain.
Any truth to any of it ? I have not looked up any of it as like I said I was not really that interested in it before due to the red tape. If any of this is correct I may be in the market for one for either a Beretta 92FS or a 1911 Commander. I know Picketts has a whole display case of various types I always just walk by when I'm there in Newberry.

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !