What happened to FSN?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TonyR

Post by TonyR »

Rent loves the abuse he is given,LOL.
Three can keep a secret.......if two are Dead !
kayakingsteve

Post by kayakingsteve »

Joecruiser wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm Seriously, a few months ago I made a comment defending LEOS (UPS Shootout) and I immediately got personally attacked!

I come here today, see the Shoot Straight post and the OP was personally attacked...by a long time member!

Is this the norm now? Plenty of forums out there one can go should one desire to be attacked.

This was not the FSN I knew.

Believe me, I've heard it all...nothing anyone can say offends me. That's not my point.
Why would one to post an opinion...Why would one to participate in a forum as I've described?

I choose to socialize on forums that one can make new friends, make deals, participate in forum events, etc.
Sadly, this is not the FSN of old,
Shame.

Was just perusing the boards. I guess I was the OP in the other thread. Personal attacks to me are just free speech, even though I don't like em.

I didn't expect my opinion to be popular, but I do believe it. After 15 years in medicine, much as an ER provider, and with a background in biology I just don't agree with any of the approach currently. I wrote a more detailed post about why I disagree with basically everything being done now in the politics forum if anyone is bored and wants to spend 5 minutes they will never get back reading it.

My unpopular and unfiltered opinion as a "frontline" medical provider is: We have to preserve the economy and the liberty of 99.9% of people that will be fine; the world won't be worth living in if we let every viral infection (which in this case will cause less mortality % than the flu) shut us down. I wrote out the details of why I believe this elsewhere.

So, yes, I believe we should get back to work, open things up, accept that bad things happen, and should not support anyone who closes businesses or gives up freedoms voluntarily. We should be pissed and demanding things open. Do our best for the small percentage of people that will be adversely effected, but keep the world going for those who will be fine.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Joecruiser wrote: Sun Apr 12, 2020 3:50 pm Seriously, a few months ago I made a comment defending LEOS (UPS Shootout) and I immediately got personally attacked!

I come here today, see the Shoot Straight post and the OP was personally attacked...by a long time member!

Is this the norm now? Plenty of forums out there one can go should one desire to be attacked.

This was not the FSN I knew.

Believe me, I've heard it all...nothing anyone can say offends me. That's not my point.
Why would one to post an opinion...Why would one to participate in a forum as I've described?

I choose to socialize on forums that one can make new friends, make deals, participate in forum events, etc.
Sadly, this is not the FSN of old,
Shame.
The fact you take anything on the internet as a personal attack you might be too sensitive for the internet. For as long as I have been on FSN you are going to have people disagree with you and take it as that.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

TonyR wrote:Rent loves the abuse he is given,LOL.
He loves his Big Jerry...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Legio
Site Admin

Post by Legio »

kayakingsteve wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:09 amPersonal attacks to me are just free speech, even though I don't like em.

I didn't expect my opinion to be popular...
Problem solved. I still don't know why this became a thread. [mention]Joecruiser[/mention] had no dog in this discussion. They were only opinions, not insults. I didn't see any nastiness in the responses. Plus the OP said that he was angry when he opened the topic about Shoot Straight. Never post when you're angry.

I am very tempted to close this topic too.
Chinerd00

Post by Chinerd00 »

I have a voucher for the range there will sell half price let me know...
kayakingsteve

Post by kayakingsteve »

Legio wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:39 am
kayakingsteve wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 2:09 amPersonal attacks to me are just free speech, even though I don't like em.

I didn't expect my opinion to be popular...
Problem solved. I still don't know why this became a thread. @Joecruiser had no dog in this discussion. They were only opinions, not insults. I didn't see any nastiness in the responses. Plus the OP said that he was angry when he opened the topic about Shoot Straight. Never post when you're angry.

I am very tempted to close this topic too.
I hear ya! Unlike some people I get angrier the longer something goes on, so in another 3 months of this I'll be furious 24-7. :D

The only good news is that other people that feel as I do will migrate away from some of the big chains (like SS). Of course they'll get enough newbies walking in every day that they'll never go out of business.
Chinerd00

Post by Chinerd00 »

Who used to make shirts for FSN? And can you make shirts/hats that say Make FSN great again. 😁
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

Chinerd00 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:17 am Who used to make shirts for FSN? And can you make shirts/hats that say Make FSN great again. 😁
I was doing a closet cleanout at my old house a while back and found a few of those old FSN shirts, lol.
George W

Post by George W »

Wakko wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:58 am
Chinerd00 wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 8:17 am Who used to make shirts for FSN? And can you make shirts/hats that say Make FSN great again. 😁
I was doing a closet cleanout at my old house a while back and found a few of those old FSN shirts, lol.
Were they the ones you kept as souvenirs after Rent stayed a while with you? :lol:

I still have some shirts too from the Old Days at Area 51 at Manatee. I'm too fat to wear them now, though.