PSA vs AR-Stoner 300 AAC Upper Question

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
armedpolak

PSA vs AR-Stoner 300 AAC Upper Question

Post by armedpolak »

I'm looking to build an inexpensive AR in 300 Blackout with 16" barrel. This will eventually become a host for 30 cal suppressor.

I'm looking at MidwayUSA.com and they have a relatively cheap complete upper made by AR-Stoner for $380 on sale. I'm also considering Palmetto State Armory upper for $399, also on sale.

Do you guys have any experience with those uppers? Quality, reliability, finish, etc. Let me know what you think of those. I'm leaning towards PSA since I already have a complete lower by the same company I built years using their stripped lower and AR build kit...

AP
gforester

Post by gforester »

I bought a 300AAC upper from PSA a couple months ago. I built it on a PSA lower with Magpul stock and a Gieselle trigger. Took it out shooting a few days ago and it performed flawlessly. I now have a Day/Night scope on it and hope to eliminate some of these armadildos that are tearing up my yard. No experience with the AR Stoner stuff.

On Edit: I just checked my receipts and I got the PSA upper for $299 on sale and it came complete with the BCG, charging handle and M-Loc handguard. But this was before the current buying frenzy.
Last edited by gforester on Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TACC

Post by TACC »

I have a 308 PSA upper shoots great, and bought a 22 nosler AR Stoner upper from midway, that shoots fantastic.

I would not hesitate to buy either one

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I read somewhere that Larry P bought the stoner name and was putting it out there as a Midway house brand kind of deal.

For that small of a price difference, I would get the one I liked best since both of them probably came from the same parts source somewhere up the line.
ss1

Post by ss1 »

I have 300BLK upper from PSA and one from AR Stoner and one from AAC. The AAC cost nearly 3x and you can definitely see it in the bolt and rail but the PSA is impressive for the price. Not saying AR Stoner was that much worse but the finish was not as nice.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Buy a psa 300 in 8.5" and make it a pistol. No need for a 16" barrel unless thats what you really want. I have a radical 8.5" and only shoot it suppressed. If you want to shoot it when the ranges open up again we can meet down there so you pew pew pew.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

so I ended up ordering this PSA upper: https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-16- ... 48559.html

I figured since I already have the PSA complete lower I'll go with the same brand and see how she shoots.