An article on the ammo panic

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

rentprop1 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:26 am This panic has been a lot of new gun owners
I do believe you are correct as to how/why the panic started but as soon as inventory started to disappear and prices moved up many gun owners jumped in on the stuff they meant to get and were now afraid they would not find.

I seriously doubt the reason for so much in reloading powder/primers being Out of Stock is because of first time gun buyers

The big question is how long this panic will last.

Personally I have some ammo I paid too much for Oct 2016 that is now selling for about what I paid then
This spike was a complete surprise to me so I had not bought anything at all to "cash in" on a panic
Big_mike

Post by Big_mike »

A lot of the millennial's at work are/were asking about ammo.

I keep a pretty low profile in the office but the few that know me well were all wholly unprepared and came to me asking about 9 and 5.56.

I've been stacking for 2 decades now and feel like I'm in a good spot.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

It will last a while, not because the current situation warrants it, but there will be two panics this year. This first one may just be for surprised newbies, but will run into the next. The greater one will be the election, especially the aftermath. There may even be a third, next year, if demos are elected.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

rentprop1 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:26 am This panic has been a lot of new gun owners
Brother in law in NY state starting asking about home defense weapon and hunting rifle. I couldn't talk him into a tac14 (which would be worthless for hunting) but he did by a lever action rifle to keep at the house. Based on laws and rules in his state, a gun designed in 1894 basically became his home defense weapon. Unbelievable. Better than nothing. I told him is was an 1894 "assault" rifle.
Swamp Water

Post by Swamp Water »

I’ve noticed my go to ammo wholesalers are starting to come around in stock and prices. The usual ass clowns like CTD are still raping new comers.
Gun Owners Of America
Big bore lover

Post by Big bore lover »

Am I really supposed to give a shit about the idiots that just now decided to panic and run out to buy stuff that people in the know have had for years?

Yep, I have had two "friends" that had the nerve to call me and ask if I had a gun they could buy since things have gotten crazy. They both even said, "I went to the gun store and they said I have to wait because I don't have a carry permit whatever that is" "I've never heard such a thing" and "I can't find anything in the stores including toilet paper". "What is a person supposed to do?"

My response: Do I look like a fucking store to you? Idiots played stupid and now expect someone else to bail their ignorant asses out. They were told in polite term, DO NOT COME KNOCKING ON MY DOOR.

I still shake my head at home fucking stupid the masses really are. I remember having a College "Professor" that used to say "the masses are asses". It was true back then and is still true today.

Lets see what happens when things get really freakin bad. I can picture some of them running down the middle of US 19 screaming and hollering, help me help me, the government has let me down.....
Those who forget history are destined to repeat it.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Legio wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:45 am
And I have been asking this question for week: Who are the new buyers ?? Most likely anti-gunner liberals that suddenly discover the reasons for having protection.

I hope they enjoy the restrictions, the waiting period and the rules for internet and gun shows purchases. :twisted:
just like with booze every year a new batch of folks turn 21 and wanna drink......so think of it that way most of these youngins were 12 at the time of Sandy Hook
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

"Firearms are a psychological symbol of being safer in uncertain times,” Dennis Santiago, a California-based firearms instructor, and financial risk analyst, said last month. “People will gravitate to them. They are not acquiring them to use them. They are purchasing them, hoping they won't have to.”
GARY
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Big bore lover wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:37 am I remember having a College "Professor" that used to say "the masses are asses". It was true back then and is still true today.
Thank you! That's my new t-shirt. :D

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

If 600 rounds of 9mm isn't enough, then I'm just going to have to die in that firefight.