New safe

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

Sorry if this is a late reply as you already received and installed the safe, but I will give you my words of wisdom :lol:

I installed a power strip inside the safe so I could run the heat rod and lights. It is a pain to do that after it is in place.

I used to use the damp rid and that is PITA and a mess so use the rod. No mess. Seems to work just fine. Even in an AC house, you really want the lowest humidity you can get to prevent rust. So like the others said, the rod is the way to go!

For lights, I got LED strips and glued them around the inside opening. It really adds a nice touch. Do it - it is not that expensive.

At first I had it on a switch, but if you want to really go fancy, put it on a motion sensor plug in. You plug the sensor into the power strip and then the led light strip into the sensor. Easy peasy! That way they automatically come on when you open the safe! Really gives it that high tech feel!
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

rentprop1 wrote: Thu Apr 09, 2020 1:25 am No dehumid in any of mine but they are opened every day
Same here.
I keep that room low humidity and putting a heater in my gun safe does not equate to me

To each their own
Casual

Post by Casual »

lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
neonnight34609

Post by neonnight34609 »

i run rods in all my safes even know they are inside an air conditioned room. i feel its cheap insurance
Common sense isn't so common these days
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

Since the new safe came with a power strip already installed, I plugged in the dehumidifier rod yesterday & it seems to be working just fine. It also came with motion sensor LED lighting which is as cool as everyone says it is.

I'm glad I bought several sizes larger than I thought I would need 'cause my meager collection has almost filled it up. If/when I add more I'll have to get creative. :D Looking into pistol racks now but with all my other projects going on, it may have to wait. Any suggestions?
"Biden/Harris 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
cj5mrt

Post by cj5mrt »

I used this to free up some space in my safe.