Florida stay-at-home: Gov. DeSantis issues statewide executive order in response to coronavirus

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
zeebaron

Florida stay-at-home: Gov. DeSantis issues statewide executive order in response to coronavirus

Post by zeebaron »

https://www.wfla.com/community/health/c ... -response/

"TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WFLA) – Gov. Ron DeSantis issued a statewide stay-at-home order Wednesday in response to the coronavirus pandemic.

“I’m going to be doing an executive order today directing all Floridians to limit movements and personal interactions outside the home to only those necessary,” he said. “To obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential activities.”"
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

Remember, President Trump as ordered all firearm activities as "essential" so the ranges should remain open
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

Kriseman ought to be happy.
:roll:
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Wulfmann wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:36 pm Remember, President Trump as ordered all firearm activities as "essential" so the ranges should remain open
Gun sales are essential. The range is not. All SS ranges are closed, while the stores are open. Not sure about other ranges. GARY
S&W collector

Post by S&W collector »

My gun range chuluota Sportsman's Club is closed
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

PMRPC is open for members but all competition/matches have been cancelled.
Social distancing is in effect

I am not aware of ranges being "non-essential" since firearms as a whole without specific exclusions should include ranges.

It is not gun stores alone.

But, I am unclear of how much "interpretations" can play into it. We shall see

Privately owned businesses that choose to shut down that do not have to is also an unknown factor
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

All public ranges are closed here including Shoot Straight's indoor range.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

45caldan wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:11 pm All public ranges are closed here including Shoot Straight's indoor range.
I was wondering if they were gonna close the indoor ones. Even though they should have good enough HEPA filtration these days for the lead and powder particles to filter out viruses.
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

The Governor's Order incorporates the Department of Homeland Security, Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency's Advisory Memorandum on Identification of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workers During COVID-19 Response, and the attachment to that Memorandum states under the heading "Law Enforcement, Public Safety and Other First Responders":
• Workers supporting the operation of firearm or ammunition product manufacturers, retailers, importers,
distributors, and shooting ranges.
So, ranges can't be forced to close under the Order, but they don't have to stay open.
joel

Post by joel »

What about jury duty after April 20th in Broward County?
My daughter is currently temporarily in the People's Republic of New Jersey but has a jury summons for April 23rd.

Two things:
1) There is currently a lock-down, stay at home order for the next 30 days in the State of Florida
2) There is currently a LOCK-OUT order for anyone coming from the tri-state NY-NJ-Conn areas

She was planning on serving jury duty, should she cancel her flight?
(Broward Courts have no info after the 17th of April)