Florida stay-at-home: Gov. DeSantis issues statewide executive order in response to coronavirus

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

They don't enforce jury summons normally, and they sure as hell aren't now. I went last year, and more than half the people never showed up. You think they're gonna arrest 200 people a day for not showing up for jury selection? lol.

From what I've heard, all court activities besides arrest arraignments are postponed everywhere indefinitely anyway.
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

While the situation could get much worse, things won't get any better until a vaccine is available. Tromp's fantasy of everything back to normal by the end of April, is our nightmare.
Chigger

Post by Chigger »

Fantasy? Hardly. Trump is just trying to throw some positive thinking in a sea of doom and gloom. Good chance his time line will come and go, but there's nothing wrong with thinking positive.

It's all Trump's fault.....oh brother.
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

zeebaron wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:55 pm They don't enforce jury summons normally, and they sure as hell aren't now. I went last year, and more than half the people never showed up. You think they're gonna arrest 200 people a day for not showing up for jury selection? lol.
Since the summons is not sent registered mail, there’s no proof it ever arrived. They gave up sending them to me since they don’t ever seem to arrive. GARY
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

joel wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:42 pm What about jury duty after April 20th in Broward County?
My daughter is currently temporarily in the People's Republic of New Jersey but has a jury summons for April 23rd.

Two things:
1) There is currently a lock-down, stay at home order for the next 30 days in the State of Florida
2) There is currently a LOCK-OUT order for anyone coming from the tri-state NY-NJ-Conn areas

She was planning on serving jury duty, should she cancel her flight?
(Broward Courts have no info after the 17th of April)
The Supreme Court of Florida has suspended all jury trials through April 17th - that will almost certainly be extended. Here is a link to the Fla. Supreme's Administrative Orders: https://www.floridasupremecourt.org/Emergency . Go to the Section "Statewide Emergency Orders and Advisories." The March 24th Order Extending Suspension of Jury Trials and Related Matters is the one currently in effect. Any new order extending the suspension will appear at the top of that list. Have your daughter watch that section about a week before it expires - I suspect that order will be extended several more times, although looks like they only extend it by a few weeks at a time, so far.
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

Have her call the court clerk and ask what she should do.

AFS
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

No need for Jury Duty. Won't the Libiturd District Attorney's and Prosecutors release all the hard core criminals from the jails and prisons, especially the illegal ones, in the Libiturd bastions? Like they are doing in NY, LA, and Philly!
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

joel wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:42 pm What about jury duty after April 20th in Broward County?
She was planning on serving jury duty, should she cancel her flight?
(Broward Courts have no info after the 17th of April)
Absolutely. Flying under current conditions is a risk and a hardship. She can go on the jury duty site and file for an exemption.
joel

Post by joel »

Thank you everyone for your suggestions.
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

https://www.browardclerk.org/Divisions/ ... nementHave . They tell you almost every known way to be excused. 2 doctors note worked.
BIG JOE