So I want a suppressor...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
armedpolak

So I want a suppressor...

Post by armedpolak »

Is the trust route the way to go? or have they eliminated the signature requirement for suppressors? I'm in Coral Springs and a store in Ft.L. told me they do all the paperwork for me, so I guess they either have a local official who will sing off on it, or they do the trust thing.

what are the wait times start to finish, or from walking into the store to taking it home?

Finally, is it possible to get one good can in .45 and use it on everything else down to a .22 ?

P.S. I'm sorry I know there's a separate section on the board for this but I saw that it doesn't get much activity ;)
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

armedpolak wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:58 am Is the trust route the way to go? or have they eliminated the signature requirement for suppressors? I'm in Coral Springs and a store in Ft.L. told me they do all the paperwork for me, so I guess they either have a local official who will sing off on it, or they do the trust thing.
Is that Vito? I have bought a few from him. He stocks a lot of good cans, and is good at doing the paper work.

I believe there is still no local yokal approvals for Trusts. That is the route to go. Especially where Libiturds Sheriffs have to "approve" them. https://www.atf.gov/firearms/qa/chief-l ... -form-1-or
armedpolak wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:58 am what are the wait times start to finish, or from walking into the store to taking it home?
I read that people are saying it is currently about 3-4 months for Form 4. Find a dealer that has it in-stock to avoid the Form 3 transfer wait times.
armedpolak wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:58 am Finally, is it possible to get one good can in .45 and use it on everything else down to a .22 ?
Nope, you need a different can for each caliber, sorry. That being said, the 22 can I have is the most fun to shoot. All you hear is a click,click of the slide. Nothing else!
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
photohause

Post by photohause »

May you use a .22 can for both a rifle & a handgun (auto)?
Try to think outside the box armedpolak...
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

photohause wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:43 pm May you use a .22 can for both a rifle & a handgun (auto)?
Generally, a can is designed for rifle or pistol. You can switch between them but the can may not be as silent as the platform it was designed.

You should only use a can specially designed for Full Auto if you have any class 3 weapons. Of course you can use a Full Auto can on a semi of the same caliber if it mounts properly, but not visa-versa!
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

No CLEO approval/sign-off needed for trust or individual.

FWIW: My last Form 1 Trust E-File came back in 29 days.

A trust will make things easier to add folks/kids in the future and make things easier on your family when you go to that full-auto range in the sky. I read about a guy who passed recently...no living heirs...no will...no trust. His significant collection of NFA stuff all went to Uncle Sam.

Advantage: Trust.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote:No CLEO approval/sign-off needed for trust or individual.

FWIW: My last Form 1 Trust E-File came back in 29 days.

A trust will make things easier to add folks/kids in the future and make things easier on your family when you go to that full-auto range in the sky. I read about a guy who passed recently...no living heirs...no will...no trust. His significant collection of NFA stuff all went to Uncle Sam.

Advantage: Trust.
Wait so no sign off on individual AND trusts? That’s what I wanted to know. I rather do individual but didn’t want to have to beg a local popo for signature :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
photohause

Post by photohause »

Flame Red wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:07 pm
photohause wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:43 pm May you use a .22 can for both a rifle & a handgun (auto)?
Generally, a can is designed for rifle or pistol. You can switch between them but the can may not be as silent as the platform it was designed.

You should only use a can specially designed for Full Auto if you have any class 3 weapons. Of course you can use a Full Auto can on a semi of the same caliber if it mounts properly, but not visa-versa!
Thank you sir.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

You can Efile and build a quality suppressor with minimal tools in a month, there’s a big FB group that provides up to date information on current vendors for parts.

Mine worked well From 556 to 32 ACP
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

So no sign off on trust AND individual form for a suppressor??

JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

armedpolak wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:05 pm So no sign off on trust AND individual form for a suppressor??

Nope, you just have to send a copy to CLEO for their records