So I want a suppressor...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

Taco wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:19 am A lot of folks are out of date.

Obama executive order, post Newtown shooting- fingerprints now required for a transfer to trust (used to be only individual), but removed chief law enforcement officer (cleo) signoff requirement. Basically an effort making both processes more similar.

What did it have to do with a shooting where a disturbed individual killed his mother then took her firearm and killed a bunch of kids at school? Absolutely nothing, but after Congress took a pass at passing new nonsense laws Obama wanted to do 'something '. This didn't really do anything except check off the 'something' and got to bolster calls for tighter background checks to close the 'gunshot loophole'. On the plus side it took away the potential of rogue cleo's using the signoff as a gun control measure (it was intended as an administrative step for record keeping- never ment as a permission slip), additionally cans are such a small part of the overall market, not much fighting around it. Typically politican move, doing nothing and making it look like something.
41(P) had nothing to do with an executive order.....it was an ATF rule change that started due to lobbying by groups for eliminating the CLEO sign off requirement. The additional requirements placed on trusts (prints/photos) were inevitable due to the explosion in the use of trusts to bypass the CLEO requirement.

Right now, E-form 4's do not exist....and form 4 turnaround time is 11-13 months.

E-Form 1's are running about a month......my last was 3 weeks
Taco

Post by Taco »

Villafuego wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:28 am
Taco wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:19 am Obama executive order
41(P) had nothing to do with an executive order.....it was an ATF rule change that started due to lobbying by groups for eliminating the CLEO sign off requirement.
I'm no expert in NFA. I mostly know to stay away.

Sorry if I editorialized history- in my head that is how it happened.

Here is a link on rule 41 for anyone interested, I don't think I was too far off, but again, not my area.
https://www.nfafa.org/atf41p.cfm
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:26 am
Cubanstang50 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:44 pm You live in south Florida. You have no choice but to do a trust if you want one.

No longer accurate. They did away with the CLEO approval years ago (see above). You only have to "notify" the CLEO now. I dropped my last notification in the mail "postage due". 😉
You are correct, i had forgotten about that. But at the same time the best way to do it to use a trust.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Stay away from rent. That guy can sell a car to a blind person :P
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Taco wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:50 am
Taco wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:19 am Obama executive order
41(P) had nothing to do with an executive order.....it was an ATF rule change that started due to lobbying by groups for eliminating the CLEO sign off requirement.

Here is a link on rule 41 for anyone interested, I don't think I was too far off, but again, not my area.
I wonder what they do with those notifications. Just throw them in the trash maybe :lol:
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Flashooter22

Post by Flashooter22 »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:10 am

I wonder what they do with those notifications. Just throw them in the trash maybe :lol:
That what we do with them.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Don't blame you. It'd be a nightmare trying to store them I'd imagine.
Villafuego

Post by Villafuego »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:10 am

I hope that's what they do with them in Pasco Co.

Still better than having to worry about begging Anti-2A LEO's for a signoff or dealing with trusts
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Just got an E-mail from OTB. There will be no browsing at the store. You have to know what you want to BUY before getting in the front door. If you are buying a firearm, you must fill out the 4473 before getting in the front door. It’s crazy, but it’s been a crazy few weeks. Nobody wants to die. GARY.
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

Wow first I've heard of that one, But business have rules. You have to abide by them.
BIG JOE