So I want a suppressor...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

I use a trust. You just have to find the right shop to do it. Once you have your "Polak Firearm's Trust" Go to your dealer pick out your can
pay for it and the $200.00 SOT tax. and wait. When I did mine e file was not working so we had to use snail mail. 6 months later I got an email that said come get your stuff.I DO NOT have any experience with the efile system. So if you know someone who does I would talk to them. Go do your homework and as soon as President Trump sends you your money go get it done. Good Luck
BIG JOE
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

Anyone around St Cloud area that can do a trust?
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Clyde621 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:45 pm Anyone around St Cloud area that can do a trust?
Silencerco online used to do one for $99 i dont know if they still do it. You can call and ask.
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

You live in south Florida. You have no choice but to do a trust if you want one. Once you have trust in hand make a copy. Go to a dealer that can order or has what you want in stock and he will set you up correct. My recommendation, and its what i have. Get a .22 can for that only. Get a .45 can for any pistol cal less that that. Also get a .308 can for the same reason. Later on you can start getting specific can if youd like. Just my opinion and how i did it and i think its cover most calibers that you own if you dont ever buy anymore.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

JonathanW wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:17 pm
armedpolak wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:05 pm So no sign off on trust AND individual form for a suppressor??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, you just have to send a copy to CLEO for their records
what do you mean CLEO?
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

armedpolak wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:56 pm
armedpolak wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:05 pm So no sign off on trust AND individual form for a suppressor??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what do you mean CLEO?
oh wait, you mean I send a copy of the federal forms to local police department or sherif and I'm good?
JonathanW

Post by JonathanW »

armedpolak wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:03 am

what do you mean CLEO?
oh wait, you mean I send a copy of the federal forms to local police department or sherif and I'm good?
Correct, they don’t have to sign it or approve, they just need a copy of the application. PM me if you need help Efiling, paper filling is pretty simple . I only file individuals so I don’t have experience with trusts
Taco

Post by Taco »

A lot of folks are out of date.

Obama executive order, post Newtown shooting- fingerprints now required for a transfer to trust (used to be only individual), but removed chief law enforcement officer (cleo) signoff requirement. Basically an effort making both processes more similar.

What did it have to do with a shooting where a disturbed individual killed his mother then took her firearm and killed a bunch of kids at school? Absolutely nothing, but after Congress took a pass at passing new nonsense laws Obama wanted to do 'something '. This didn't really do anything except check off the 'something' and got to bolster calls for tighter background checks to close the 'gunshot loophole'. On the plus side it took away the potential of rogue cleo's using the signoff as a gun control measure (it was intended as an administrative step for record keeping- never ment as a permission slip), additionally cans are such a small part of the overall market, not much fighting around it. Typically politican move, doing nothing and making it look like something.
Last edited by Taco on Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:44 pm You live in south Florida. You have no choice but to do a trust if you want one.

No longer accurate. They did away with the CLEO approval years ago (see above). You only have to "notify" the CLEO now. I dropped my last notification in the mail "postage due". 😉
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

armedpolak wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:03 am

what do you mean CLEO?
(f.) Law Enforcement Notification. The transferee must provide a copy of the Form 4 to the chief law enforcement officer (CLEO) who has jurisdiction over the area of the transferee's address shown in item 2a of the Form 4. In addition, if the transferee is other than an individual, a copy of the ATF 5320.23, National Firearms Act (NFA) Responsible Person Questionnaire, completed by each responsible person must be provided to their respective chief law enforcement officer. The chief law enforcement officer is considered to be the Chief of Police; the Sheriff; the Head of the State Police; or a State or local district attorney or prosecutor.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -