What battery is this?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
armedpolak

What battery is this?

Post by armedpolak »

Found an old laser for a pistol and wanted to play with it but the battery is dead. Can’t find a replacement using the code on the battery. Can you tell me what I should get please? Here’s the dead battery:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
photohause

Post by photohause »

Call Batteries Plus with the info.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

they are rechargeable, here's a link to a charger

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Slartibartfast wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:04 am they are rechargeable, here's a link to a charger

Not sure if I trust anything made by "Hong Dong" :D

armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Slartibartfast wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:04 am they are rechargeable, here's a link to a charger

besides, I have no idea how old this battery is and would like to get a new one anyways...
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

LOL, just Google LC 16340
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Looks like the 16340 is a rechargeable version of a CR123A lithium battery, you could substitute the latter for one if you don't plan on using it that much. Here are a bunch of the rechargeable ones to choose from:

https://www.batteryjunction.com/batteri ... 16340.html
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

zeebaron wrote: Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:21 pm Looks like the 16340 is a rechargeable version of a CR123A lithium battery, you could substitute the latter for one if you don't plan on using it that much. Here are a bunch of the rechargeable ones to choose from:

https://www.batteryjunction.com/batteri ... 16340.html
yes, thank you!

I was able to find the same laser online and the specs said battery is 16340/CR123A, so I got a pack of Duracell CR123A's :) I honestly could not find anything on Amazon (if it ain't on Amazon, it don't exist :P ) using the 16340 code. only one place on the whole of googles was selling the same exact battery but they looked like shipping would be 4-6 weeks on a container ship from, ahmmm... Asia ;)
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I had a battery very similar to that recharged it about 5 to 6 times after that wouldn't hold a charge for shit....I swapped back to reg cr123
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Be careful though. It has a higher voltage than 123 batteries. Found out the hard way when I put one of these in an LED light. Whatever you use it in must say it can use 123 OR 16340 batteries. Sucked too that was a great light. Some night vision makers say you can't use these in nvgs. I'd love to but I don't want to gamble on a high dollar pvs14 that's in a housing that uses cr123 batt

I use rechargeable 16850 batteries in my thermal scopes and lights also rechargeable dlb AA in lights and tv remotes. They work great.

I've got a ton of these 16340 batteries I thought I could just replace the cr123 batteries in everything. It does not work that way. I plan on buying a really good light I can use the16340 batt in.

But I've also got a high quality charger too. That conditions the batteries. Because those cheap charges can ruin these batteries. Found that out too that hard way

But I ruined a 100.00 light because I did not pay attention to details. I really liked that light to.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS