Idea for social isolation

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
itsme

Post by itsme »

That sounds similar to the old gasoline restrictions in the 70's. In Florida it was by the date and your license plate. If it ended in an even number you could get gas on even days etc...
Taco

Post by Taco »

neverenoughguns wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:39 pm
Springfield wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:38 am Idea for social isolation: Tell people to shop for essentials only on odd or even days, according to their home address, e.g. 1002 Main St on even days. This could reduce store crowds 50% and costs nothing.

I realize many FSN guys are grumpy old farts that criticize everything and are already very socially isolated (because you're grumpy), but some of you have families and may want to try socializing this idea to promote greater safety.

Useful feedback always appreciated :)
In the county where I live, irrigation is regulated. If last number in address is 0 or 1, then Monday. Of 2 or 3, then tue. You get the point. Force to show dL to check out. Problem solved.
Great idea- government controlled commerce enforced by threat of death. What could go wrong?

I never could understand how some freedom-loving people when it comes to guns turn into freedom-hating people when the topic switches.
n0rlf

Post by n0rlf »

Tell people to be prepared for goodness sake. If course we are past that now. Shopping on alternate days will do nothing to stop the spread. Better to make all stores pick up service only. Have the stores do car trunk delivery so no interaction is needed. They can wear PPE to protect themselves as required.

I really wish people would shoot personal responsibility for some damn thing. I keep hearing how the government should solve things really? When had that worked out well? Not very damn often.

It is really not all that hard to stock s months worth of food and supplies. Now for some it is a Bergen but hey, it is your life. Risk it relying on the government or take some action for your own survival.

Ok, rant off. Time for coffee
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

Taco wrote: Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:48 am Great idea- government controlled commerce enforced by threat of death. What could go wrong?
Who is advocating government control - You?? Nobody else is suggesting that. What I suggested is a simple voluntary measure that could reduce store congestion - voluntary :roll:
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

I am an introvert. So no problem with hiding away in my cave. House is loaded with everything we need.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

I finally fixed that rust on the bathtub, lol...
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:59 pm I am an introvert. So no problem with hiding away in my cave. House is loaded with everything we need.
I’m a hermit by nature, so staying home is not an issue. Go to Publix every 5-7 days, quick in and out. Could go less if needed, but their prepared meals are better than the frozen poison. Only reason I have to go out more is the wife’s cigarettes. She won’t quit and does a good chimney imitation.

When I get into the Zen of the moment, I’ll clean out the garage.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

If social distancing actually works, slowing the spread of Covid19, we'll need to keep it up until a vaccine is distributed. The CDC said that may take up to 18 months. Of course, that estimate assumes this virus doesn't mutate very easily. If it mutates easily, then add another ten years to the vaccine availability date. You guys ready to do this for the next decade? I've always been socially isolated, so it's no big deal to me.
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

My 69 yr old wife who suffers from Crohn's is at Publix. I woke up to find a note telling me she went to Publix at 6:45. Just called she says there are only 6 people in the store employee is keeping them separated. We had neighbor pick up some a few things one that went Sunday. Wife hates to ask people for any help. I've got a UV light setup when she gets home she'll be spending sooner time in the garage bathed in UV light. I've got special UV glasses she will her skin will be covered.
I love the woman married 44 yrs May 15th but at times I can't stand her.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:34 am how do we keep these stupid people home, Ive had ( no lie ) 10 customers in the first hour this AM, everything from emergency scope installs and red dot and ammo shopping, Im over the dumb questions and constant people out last min shopping..... :roll:
You did charge them I hope with a corona virus surtax :lol:

Yeah it's a great idea. But people today, not so much the older gen. Have the attitude me, myself and I and no one is telling me what to do.

Over on a certain extremely popular gun forum you have fools gleefully talking about the demise of older people/boomers and the ones called the greatest generation.

I mean just openly saying they had their time and they screwed everything up good riddance. Why should we stay at home. It's not killing us only the boomers. I'm being kind in describing the things that's been said too.

They do not care that they are talking about their parents and grandparents. Screw them it's inheritance time. It's disgusting and yet if someone standups to these IDIOTS they get a timeout. A COC violation for calling them dumbA, and stupid F's for wishing that upon older Americans.

But not the ones wishing death upon AMERICANS from this virus.

BTW what time do you open. I need a trigger adjusted :lol:
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS