Idea for social isolation

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Springfield

Idea for social isolation

Post by Springfield »

Idea for social isolation: Tell people to shop for essentials only on odd or even days, according to their home address, e.g. 1002 Main St on even days. This could reduce store crowds 50% and costs nothing.

I realize many FSN guys are grumpy old farts that criticize everything and are already very socially isolated (because you're grumpy), but some of you have families and may want to try socializing this idea to promote greater safety.

Useful feedback always appreciated :)
Odessaman

Post by Odessaman »

Springfield wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:38 am Idea for social isolation: Tell people to shop for essentials only on odd or even days, according to their home address, e.g. 1002 Main St on even days. This could reduce store crowds 50% and costs nothing.

I realize many FSN guys are grumpy old farts that criticize everything and are already very socially isolated (because you're grumpy), but some of you have families and may want to try socializing this idea to promote greater safety.

In concept, not a bad thought. But like any measure, unless you have voluntary cooperation of a majority of the public, it's unenforceable. A retired friend of mine went to Winn Dixie this morning for their advertised "Senior Shopping Hour." He said the majority of shoppers were obviously under 65, and when he asked a manager about it, she said - "unless I have an armed militia, I have no way to enforce it - call corporate."
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

This isn't WWII American culture, this is 2020 everyone for themselves culture. "Voluntarily" is unfortunately a waste of time.
TACC

Post by TACC »

All good points and hit the nail right on the head.

If any of these idiots planned ahead, they wouldn't even need to use this method

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Augdawg

Post by Augdawg »

One of the ways for this to work would be a ration card (what they did in WWII). We had ration cards for certain items when I was stationed in Europe and while a little inconvenient it worked fairly well.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

how do we keep these stupid people home, Ive had ( no lie ) 10 customers in the first hour this AM, everything from emergency scope installs and red dot and ammo shopping, Im over the dumb questions and constant people out last min shopping..... :roll:
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Springfield wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:38 am I realize many FSN guys are grumpy old farts that criticize everything and are already very socially isolated (because you're grumpy)...
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

Springfield wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 8:38 am Idea for social isolation: Tell people to shop for essentials only on odd or even days, according to their home address, e.g. 1002 Main St on even days. This could reduce store crowds 50% and costs nothing.

In the county where I live, irrigation is regulated. If last number in address is 0 or 1, then Monday. Of 2 or 3, then tue. You get the point. Force to show dL to check out. Problem solved.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

neverenoughguns wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:39 pm

In the county where I live, irrigation is regulated. If last number in address is 0 or 1, then Monday. Of 2 or 3, then tue. You get the point. Force to show dL to check out. Problem solved.
Better deputize a bunch of folks real quick, because that will get dramatic fast in this society.
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

neverenoughguns wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 8:39 pm In the county where I live, irrigation is regulated. If last number in address is 0 or 1, then Monday. Of 2 or 3, then tue. You get the point. Force to show dL to check out. Problem solved.
You are a racist - well that is what a Libitard would say. The poor illegals have no driver's licenses (not that it stops them from driving).

No worries to me, I have plenty of fake IDs with both even and odd fake street addresses! :lol:
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!