Just some flu statistics

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Firemedic2000

Just some flu statistics

Post by Firemedic2000 »

The CDC recognizes flu season runs from January/February to early spring. About 4 months
Numbers listed below are just in the United States only According to an estimate by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)

In the 2016 2017 flu season

there were approximately 45 million cases of the flu in the United States during the 2017-2018

estimated 810,000 flu-associated hospitalizations

estimated 61,000 flu-associated deaths.

Now in the 2018 2019 flu season in the United States only

In total, the CDC estimates that 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza during the 2018 2019 season

16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness

490,600 hospitalizations,

34,200 deaths from influenza

Worldwide 2017 2018 death

290 000-650 000 influenza-associated deaths from respiratory causes alone, and directly caused by influenza.

2018 2019 deaths worldwide

Could not find any info

Just thought this was an interest tidbit of information.

To me this virus has not even compared to the flu yet, not even in spreading.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Waldo1

Post by Waldo1 »

And this epidemic will be in addition to all of that.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Some things to consider.
The flu typically affect 10-20% of the population, with a mortality rate of about 0.1%
They think the COVID-19 might affect 60% of the population, and so far it has shown about a 0.8% mortality rate (although they say that it is possible that for every diagnosed case, there might be 2-3 that never know they have it, so look at 0.3-0.4% mortality).
This could be a serious killer, which is why they are talking so many precautions.
In addition, if it takes off like it has elsewhere, it would overwhelm the healthcare system, and that would cause many more deaths, even for people without COVID-19, simply because healthcare would not be available.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

This morning's stats:

US:. 4,661 cases, 85 deaths (1.8% mortality rate)
FL:. 160 cases, 5 deaths (3.1% mortality rate)

Looking like 18 - 31 times as deadly as the flu, based on these numbers.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
neverenoughguns

Post by neverenoughguns »

flcracker wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:12 am This morning's stats:

I do wonder what the percentage of folks are that are infected but never tested because they did not show symptoms past that of just not feeling well for a few days. I don't think it knocks everyone down but it is serious enough that folks should be very cautious.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

flcracker wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:12 am This morning's stats:

You can not compare a single state. As in Florida especially since of extremely high retirement population. I believe every death was over 55 plus that nursing home infection.

The numbers I posted above are just estimates by the CDC they believe the numbers could be much higher.

Because of misdiagnosis and people who do not seek medical help. Also we do not test every elderly person that dies from complications of infections secondary to other issues.

Like they are this one.

Now don't get me wrong any virus is bad. So now we have the flu and this Corona virus. But it sounds like the effects on people with good immune systems the effects are no where near as bad as the flu. I had the flu once and felt as if I was dying :( But I feel this is being wayyy over blown.

In Florida alone in 2018 just from January to March with at least 2 more months to go there was 239 pneumonia and influenza deaths reported to the state. Six pediatric deaths have been associated with the flu. 

That was just the reported cases. That number is much higher because again the flu can be secondary to existing conditions. Such as COPD and other illnesses. In instances such as COPD the death will be list as that not the flu because it was secondary.

But now with this virus if you get a runny nose they scream test unlike the flu. So of coarse the numbers are going to be higher.

I'm about sick of hearing of it. It's 24/7 nonstop. The NEWS MEDIA is driving this panic. Plus using it as a political weapon in the up and coming election against Trump.

Now this is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions :lol:
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

In reference to highlighted comment below. I just saw in the NEWS that nation wide. There are 100 reported deaths and a tad over 5200 reported cases of corona in the United States so far. Also it's been reported that this virus has been here more than likely since December 2019.

It would not surprise me if it was misdiagnosed as the flu in that time. But I still go with the the NEWS MEDIA both left and right blowing it out of proportion causing mass hysteria. Plus of coarse let's not forget the corrupted WORLD HEALTH ORGANIZATION never letting a good pandemic go by. So they can use it to collect billions if not trillions of dollars.

Oh yeah I wonder how many politicians bought stock in the producers of masks , medical industry and everything else that has to do with this virus. Before the dramatic recovery of the stock market today.

In the 2016 2017 flu season

there were approximately 45 million cases of the flu in the United States during the 2017-2018

estimated 810,000 flu-associated hospitalizations

estimated 61,000 flu-associated deaths.

Now in the 2018 2019 flu season in the United States only

In total, the CDC estimates that 35.5 million people getting sick with influenza during the 2018 2019 season

16.5 million people going to a health care provider for their illness

490,600 hospitalizations,

34,200 deaths from influenza
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Or, you can do math based on current reality. We ain't discussing normal flu here any more. We got the Wuhan jigaboo goin' down here now. :roll:

GTFOOH with your conspiracy theories. Stop going out to Publix and infecting my Momma, you fukin bitches.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Birds don't exist.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I still think we are being played by a hyped up pandemic by the NEWS MEDIA, medical organizations and WHO sorry. I guess we will see. Now I'm not saying it's not a bad virus. I'm say it's being over inflated. Either way just because of this B.S. I'll be drawing 30 to 40k in cash out of the bank to have on hand. Just in case. Because of this idiocity.

As mentioned in one post here. CTD and their price gouging butts are at it again. Ammo is selling out as is guns. It's stupid.

Guns, ammo and TP :lol:

If rent had known about this he could have stock piled all 3 and made a killing. :P