Just some flu statistics

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
rug357

Post by rug357 »

If you are on long term medication you are going to be in trouble within 90 days as the active ingredients to many of those meds come from China with no secondary source.
I expect people will start to die from high blood pressure and other chronic medical conditions like that very soon.
A lot more people are going to die from side effects of our reaction to this coronavirus than by the coronavirus.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
Taco

Post by Taco »

102 people die daily in the US from car accidents, 4.5 of those are under 16- non-drivers. The US is safer compared to much of the world which totals over a million deaths annually. If we cared about saving lives the only thing we should be doing is working on self driving cars.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

rug357 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:45 pm If you are on long term medication you are going to be in trouble within 90 days as the active ingredients to many of those meds come from China with no secondary source.
I expect people will start to die from high blood pressure and other chronic medical conditions like that very soon.
A lot more people are going to die from side effects of our reaction to this coronavirus than by the coronavirus.

One hope that can come out of this mess is that it will become illegal to do that kind of critical supply/ingredient outsourcing if it can be done here. There's already an ascorbic acid (Vitamin C) shortage right now because pretty much all of it comes from China because they make it cheap.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I stockpiled a years supply of my medication. When I did not need as high a dose for malignant hypertension. I did not have my scrip changed. I just took the extra meds and stored them in a dark room at 45% humidity and 70°. That I store my powder and primers in 8-)

Now only if I'd thought of doing that with TP :lol:
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

The weird continues to grow...

> “It’s hard to believe that we even have to post this.
> Do not call 9-1-1 just because you ran out of toilet
> paper. You will survive without our assistance,” The
> Newport Police Department wrote on Facebook.

https://www.mypanhandle.com/health/coro ... olice-say/
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:33 pm I stockpiled a years supply of my medication. When I did not need as high a dose for malignant hypertension. I did not have my scrip changed. I just took the extra meds and stored them in a dark room at 45% humidity and 70°. That I store my powder and primers in 8-)
And meds last long beyond their expiration date too, for long term storage:

https://www.drugs.com/article/drug-expi ... dates.html
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

zeebaron wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 9:01 pm
Firemedic2000 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 7:33 pm I stockpiled a years supply of my medication. When I did not need as high a dose for malignant hypertension. I did not have my scrip changed. I just took the extra meds and stored them in a dark room at 45% humidity and 70°. That I store my powder and primers in 8-)
And meds last long beyond their expiration date too, for long term storage:

https://www.drugs.com/article/drug-expi ... dates.html
Wrong meds can last a very very long time. The military has meds they've had in storage for 25 years. They may weaken some what over time. There is one med thorough. An antibiotic that can become toxic pass it's expiration date. It's called tetracycline But it's very seldom prescribed any more.

Drug manufacturer's give a date because just like anything else. They want to keep selling. Other wise people would keep their drugs and they'd not sell new batches. Thus they would lose money. Think about it.

When I took pharmacological in medic school. We covered this very subject. For liability purposes we mostly kept our meds up to date. Even though they were still good. I still have IV bags 10 years old that are still good. As long as they are not cloudy and are clear. They are good. They are only saline bags.

Just go talk to your pharmacist. Mine has a stockpile of drugs. He's a prepper.

Don't ever throw away your meds. Keep them and store them in a dry cool dark place. Not in your refrigerator either.

You know come to think of it. We never cycled morphine or fentanyl
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS