(2016 Lexus LS 460) Clicking / knocking sounds when turning the wheels

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Took the car to JM Lexus today. They had it figured out and fixed in a couple of hours; to quote the paper statement they gave me: "..., found loss of tension in front metal splash shield. Torque bolts to specification, test drove vehicle and confirmed repair."

No more clicking sounds :) Happy ending ;)
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

armedpolak wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:25 pm Took the car to JM Lexus today. They had it figured out and fixed in a couple of hours; to quote the paper statement they gave me: "..., found loss of tension in front metal splash shield. Torque bolts to specification, test drove vehicle and confirmed repair."

No more clicking sounds :) Happy ending ;)
The hell...splash shield made that noise? lol...
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

photohause wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:02 am Muffler Bearings!
It's all ball-bearings nowadays.
15 genuine Muffler Bearings. These fit any make, any model, any year. Most mufflers only need 3 or 4 bearings, so depending on your usage you may be able to service 5 mufflers with this pack.

Best of all - these are 1/2 the price of factory Muffler Bearings, and they're twice as round!

Blinker Fluid and Power-Bands sold separately.
Good thing it's not a Land Rover. He'd not only have to replace the Muffler Bearings but as soon as he reconnected the battery he would have to top off the wiring harness smoke. Very expensive stuff & only available thru Licensed Lucas Electricians. Labor alone would be a couple hundred bux. :mrgreen:

"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
photohause

Post by photohause »

Bmup wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:33 am
photohause wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:02 am Muffler Bearings!
It's all ball-bearings nowadays.
15 genuine Muffler Bearings. These fit any make, any model, any year. Most mufflers only need 3 or 4 bearings, so depending on your usage you may be able to service 5 mufflers with this pack.

Best of all - these are 1/2 the price of factory Muffler Bearings, and they're twice as round!

Blinker Fluid and Power-Bands sold separately.
Good thing it's not a Land Rover. He'd not only have to replace the Muffler Bearings but as soon as he reconnected the battery he would have to top off the wiring harness smoke. Very expensive stuff & only available thru Licensed Lucas Electricians. Labor alone would be a couple hundred bux. :mrgreen:

Bloody Lucas Electrics strike again...Bollocks!!!
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
45caldan

Post by 45caldan »

I've found cars to be more reliable if you just remove the Flux Capacitor (unless of course you are planning to do some time traveling)!
joel

Post by joel »

Bottom line.... we're happy that you were able to get it solved and back on the road.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

joel wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 10:42 am Bottom line.... we're happy that you were able to get it solved and back on the road.
yea me too! I was beginning to think I've made a mistake buying a used car ;) manager at JM Lexus service center told me it was likely a tech in a hurry who forgot to tighten shit around and it eventually came loose as I was driving the car. sure enough the car did not make a single bang/tap/knock since I picked it up yesterday.

on another note, I was wondering how does a 2020 ES 350 compare to a 2016 LS 460... because the new ES's look very similar to the LS, so I wondered how the comfort / luxury level is. well I'm happy to report that after driving a loaner 2020 ES Hybrid I made the right choice buying the LS. it's not even close in terms of ride comfort, power, isolation, etc. my ass was hurting after 5 minutes in the ES :D oh how quickly we get used to a good thing :roll:
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Im surprised it wasn’t the muffler bearings
They’re usually the cause.

BTW,
Muffler bearings work great in your “Hoppes solvent recovery” system.

That, in conjunction with the liberal application of Wiring Harness Smoke....helps hide the sound and mask the smell of fresh gunpowder.

Glad your fine automobile was professionally repaired. Still surprised it’s wasn’t the Muffler Bearings.
aka: Dolfan
wcontratto

Post by wcontratto »

Bmup wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 9:33 am

Lucas, the Prince of Darkness... :twisted: