Any idea what this is

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Grip Hugger

Any idea what this is

Post by Grip Hugger »

I live in rural Lake County about a half mile off the main road on a private road maintained by my neighbors and myself. So this truck with four men in it placed this marker on the side of the easement in front of my neighbor's house. My wife wasn't sure how long they were there but she saw them about ten minutes before they left. This was about 5 days ago and haven't seen anyone since. So, any ideas :idea: as to what this is? :?:
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

Never seen anything like it, must be some kind of survey marker, maybe even to be seen from the air.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by Captain Steinbrenner on Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
forcefed

Post by forcefed »

Waldo1

Post by Waldo1 »

Grip Hugger wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:15 pm So, any ideas :idea: as to what this is? :?:
FEMA marker, probably for that Wu-Tang-Clan virus going around. The good news is, you're going to camp this summer! The bad news is, you ain't getting out!
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

Geocaching marker
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

OP's future theme song:

There's a black rifle man with a black rifle cat
Living in a black rifle neighborhood
He's got an interstate running' through his front yard...

Seriously, though - aerial photo surveys get updated every few years. Look up, smile, and wave.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
osprey21

Post by osprey21 »

"Sky High" bullseye Ground Control Point (GCP) aerial target for aerial mapping.
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

Thanks for the creative replies! I am pretty sure it's for mapping. But what type of mapping is the question I reckon. Google Earth, flight path, bombing range. Military choppers fly over all the time. Cliff, when I sang the theme song to my wife her bottom lip poked way out! Lol This is her little slice of far removed paradise here. :D
George W

Post by George W »

Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

Now that seems very possible. Here is the big question. How long do I leave it there before I pull it up? It is obviously going to kill the grass.