So when does the Corona virus panic hit the US?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
tector

So when does the Corona virus panic hit the US?

Post by tector »

I guess the stock market stuff going on today makes sense in a global economy, but when do the hurricane-ish type festivities start (store shelves getting cleaned out, gas hoarded, etc.)? Events will dictate of course, but unless there is some reversal of trends (still quite possible as winter wanes in the northern hemisphere), I guess it would have to be in March sometime.

I would note that basic functions like water, electricity, etc. seem to be ongoing in the epicenter in China, so the same would seem likely here (with some exceptions). It just seems isolation in place will likely be the order of the day.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
rug357

Post by rug357 »

Only panic going on is all the N95 and N100 mask are sold out.
The infrastructure of our society will continue on as usual except hospitals. I'm sure hospitals will have booming business.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
tector

Post by tector »

rug357 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:52 pm Only panic going on is all the N95 and N100 mask are sold out.
The infrastructure of our society will continue on as usual except hospitals. I'm sure hospitals will have booming business.
I agree, but did you see those empty store shelves in Northern Italy?

Just give me my electricity and water, and I could lock down for months. I don't want to see anyone anyway!
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
rug357

Post by rug357 »

tector wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:01 pm
rug357 wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:52 pm Only panic going on is all the N95 and N100 mask are sold out.
I agree, but did you see those empty store shelves in Northern Italy?

Just give me my electricity and water, and I could lock down for months. I don't want to see anyone anyway!
Probably because they don't stock food at home in most Europe.
When my wife and I lived there we didn't stock anything either and went to buy grocery almost every day.
I bet most American homes have enough food stock to last a month.

Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I think the panic hit the stock market. You guys, I guess, are not reading all the end-of-the-world forums I do. The panic is there already big time.

They seem to claim that Corona leaked out a Chinese Bio-Weapons lab. You see, any 'test' animals that survive, are taken home by the lab workers and eaten! :shock: That is what you get when you eat rats, bats, dogs, monkeys and other Image

The masks that are unobtainable already do nothing for that Corona crap. The germ warfare masks/outfits of old are the only ones that they say do anything. Good luck finding any of those. And good luck walking around here with those spacesuits on!

And everyone over there is stocking up on MRE / survival type food packs. I was searching around for the old threads on which ones were the most delicious, but I could not find it. I guess that thread did not survive the forum crash!

I fear not. I have plenty of ammo and will just take what I need from all the unarmed Libiturds around here... :lol:
Last edited by Flame Red on Tue Feb 25, 2020 8:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
tector

Post by tector »

If I lived my life by prepper forum panic, I would never leave the bunker. I am talking about sane bad scenario planning.

At a certain point I am just "fuck it, I'll just die it comes down to all that." One of the few benefits of aging.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I might need to top off my water tank, but other than that I could turn on the solar panels and sit right here in the cow pasture for a month if I had to.

Hurricane Michael blew the blindfold off my eyes in 2018.
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

All this over what is nothing more than the flu.
A mortality rate of maybe 2%.
Same as regular flu.

AFS
rug357

Post by rug357 »

AirForceShooter wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:51 am All this over what is nothing more than the flu.
Same as regular flu.

AFS
Actually this years flu has mortality rate of 0.1%

Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

rug357 wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:56 am
AirForceShooter wrote: Tue Feb 25, 2020 7:51 am All this over what is nothing more than the flu.
Same as regular flu.

AFS
Actually this years flu has mortality rate of 0.1%
yeah, which is kinda unusual, as they said they missed the virus with the vaccine.
Just an extra non-virulent form I guess.
Still I know a lot are getting sick around here.