So when does the Corona virus panic hit the US?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Had the entire Lowe's almost entirely to myself today. #SilverLining 8-)
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
ABOC

Post by ABOC »

$1.5 Trillion. That's what the rally that took place Friday between 3:30PM and 4:00PM thanks to the Fed and the PPT is going to cost the US taxpayer. Sensing that the winds were once again turning against it during the weekend the Fed decided to go all in by announcing late Sunday afternoon that it would cut rates down to zero and restart its QE program.

With the next FOMC meeting only days away the move reeked of desperation and this is how the markets reacted:

No, they're not offline. They're limit down, and they've been like that the whole night.
I stole whatever money I could last week but I'm out as this is now officially above my pay grade.
Enjoy your day while Goldman Sachs and the rest of the financial hit squad come and raid whatever's left of your 401(K).
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens" - Arnaud Amaury 1209
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

Those alive will get to file bankruptcy.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

:lol: just saw on the NEWS where a guy said, people are flipping out now. Panic buying guns, ammo and toilet paper. Retailers have put a limit on number of boxes of ammo they can buy. I can see the tears now on that one :cry:

I wonder after this is all over. What the returns on toilet paper will look like :lol:
Last edited by Firemedic2000 on Mon Mar 16, 2020 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I think the Libitards DemoRats finally came up with a Media-Blitz that is effective in their quest for power. They know if the economy goes into a depression, they will take over with their Commie ways just like in 1929. The commies have absolutely no issue ruining the country, and hurting everyone. Soros wins.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

If you're finding your local grocery stores stripped bare, an option you might wanna explore if you have any officially registered business is that you can get a free membership at Restaurant Depot (https://www.restaurantdepot.com/). They have about a dozen warehouses in Florida that are like a Costco for the food service industry. 1/3 of the store is a giant walk in cooler, so bring a jacket.

Just walk up to the customer service desk with some kinda paper proof of your business. As of yesterday, they were still well stocked with about 95% of everything, except TP and paper towels (though they did have commercial napkins/1 ply paper towels in stock). Lots of meats especially. ($1.26 a pound boneless chicken breasts, $1.30 a pound boneless pork butt, $2.20 a pound Angus ground beef, etc.) Giant sacks of flour, sugar, beans, potatoes, and produce, supplies, whatever. They take cash or credit/debit cards...
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

California is now an island.
tector

Post by tector »

zeebaron wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:15 pm California is now an island.
Only metaphorically, unfortunately.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

I think it's all a bummer the way people are acting and buying up everything I can tell you after this bs blows over I"m going to have stock some stuff up because I'm sure when hurricane season comes the media will be back at it again.
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

tector wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:06 am
zeebaron wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:15 pm California is now an island.
Only metaphorically, unfortunately.
maybe we can set off a series of charges along the San Andreas fault line and make it happen for them