So when does the Corona virus panic hit the US?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:06 pm I'm going to turn this into lemonade... finally will be able to sell my Y2k emergency kits. 🤣
Put em up for sale here on the Buy /Sell / Trade - other forum :lol:
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Wulfmann wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 10:27 am My brother is an environmental engineer at the cape with Lockheed-Martin so follows strict protocols on sensitive space junk.
I asked him about masks and reality
His strongest advice is wash your hand constantly and never use your hands/fingers to touch common objects, push elevator buttons with your knuckle. push open doors with your elbow. If you shake hands or open a door knob immediately wash your hands.
You may not stop getting something but you can at least make germs work harder to make you sick
I agree wholeheartedly with your brothers recommendations, I have been doing exactly what he is recommending for years now, it's nothing new for us germaphobes.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

"One slide in a leaked presentation for US hospitals reveals that they're preparing for millions of hospitalizations as the outbreak unfolds"

https://www.businessinsider.com/present ... ons-2020-3

zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Look at your 401k balance this morning. Are you there yet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normalcy_bias
Casual

Post by Casual »

zeebaron wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:50 am Look at your 401k balance this morning. Are you there yet?

I dont want to look... though may be time to buy buy buy
dammitgriff

Post by dammitgriff »

Gold is at $1672...
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

I think it is time to run the razor wire across the Florida / Georgia border. Just use it as an excuse to stop the virus, but in reality, to stop the immigration of the Brain Dead Libiturds that ruined their Yankee states and now want to leave the disasters they created and are infesting us.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

Positive Cases of COVID-19
21 – Florida Residents
5 – Florida Cases Repatriated*
2 – Non-Florida resident

Deaths
2 – Florida Residents
And they have started to push us to move all instruction (including labs) to on-line only.
Hopefully they will not force us to do so. Next week is Spring break, so at least wait to see what happens over the next week or so.
Springfield

Post by Springfield »

Casual wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:32 am
zeebaron wrote: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:50 am Look at your 401k balance this morning. Are you there yet?

I dont want to look... though may be time to buy buy buy
Big declines often have 2 or 3 legs downward. Think we're seeing the start of the 2nd leg, so now is probably not the best time to buy, although you could try picking up some values (banks, oil) if you have the stomach to hold them through a deeper decline. Can't predict the future but given Monday's steep drop, we surely have not seen the last of this decline yet . . . .