So when does the Corona virus panic hit the US?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Flame Red

Post by Flame Red »

When are the Chinese bio-weapons folks going to "accidentally" release something to target Libiturds? :o

The Chinese released this to help Comrade Bernie get elected.
Ah that's one thing about our Flame, doesn't play any favorites! Flame hates everybody!
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

Well, let's put it this way. I happen to know that the client for which I service is, complete oot of stock now in NP95 masks.. Every last one... gone. :oops:
mavrik

Post by mavrik »

So, here’s my thought; China has to many people, China doesn’t care there’s a virus thatl diminish the populace, China makes most of everything anymore(including masks). Americans are clamoring to purchase and breath thru masks made in China.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

It's hit Florida:

"Florida has tested 15 for coronavirus, is monitoring 150. No cases yet."

https://www.tampabay.com/florida-politi ... oring-150/
TACC

Post by TACC »

Get ready to lock it down

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

tector

Post by tector »

I could use a vacation, so if they want to lock me down for a couple of months, fine with me.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

tector wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:07 pm I could use a vacation, so if they want to lock me down for a couple of months, fine with me.
Hahaha, I also haven't had a vacation, more than 3 days in a row off, since late 2018, I'm good with a shelter in place edict as well.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Was at Harbor Freight yesterday. EVERY paper mask was sold out, even the cheap crap that they make out of tissue paper. While I was waiting to check out, someone called in to ask about masks.

Sorry, nim-nods...masks ain't gonna save you... :roll:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2 ... ace-masks/
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

In any situation,emergency or just borderline, the opportunists come out of the woodwork. I received one of those emails the other day, similar to the many other junk pushers on the internet: “Save your family. Get masks now!” I didn’t open it as it fell into the category of other cons and scams in my view, but it shows what’s coming, manufactured shortages, holding back in warehouses, selling garbage into fear.

I don’t mean to belittle the problem, which is plenty real to those who are sick and dying, and their families. But, there are some types who will blow up the hysteria to make a buck. As others have noted, survival food which was going begging at a discount is now msrp +. I think that’s what is happening now. In a real SHTF, I hope that kind gets eradicated, too.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

My brother is an environmental engineer at the cape with Lockheed-Martin so follows strict protocols on sensitive space junk.
I asked him about masks and reality
He said they serve 2 real functions. One a sick person wearing a mask reduces his ability to spread it and 2 because it blocks a lot of your face it reduces the common habit of people touching their mouth with their hands where far more chances of ingesting germs happens.
As for protecting you from getting air borne stuff almost no help at all unless you are wearing a Bio suit

The reason it is a good thing is because so many people already have this virus, say in China, and do not yet know it a mask reduces their capacity to spread it

His strongest advice is wash your hand constantly and never use your hands/fingers to touch common objects, push elevator buttons with your knuckle. push open doors with your elbow. If you shake hands or open a door knob immediately wash your hands.
You may not stop getting something but you can at least make germs work harder to make you sick

Of course my method is ignore anything my younger brother says and do the opposite because I am older and whatever I do is better