My son shooting Glock 19

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
armedpolak

My son shooting Glock 19

Post by armedpolak »

This video is actually 2 years old but I just found it browsing through my phone and figured I would share with the FSN crowd!

We were on vacation in the Outer Banks of NC and found a nice range that had separate rifle and pistol sections... even though you can hear other gunshots my son and I were alone on the pistol range so I figured it's safe to let him pop one off of the G19. After that we went through half a box of rounds. up until that point he only shot his H&R .22LR revolver and his Savage Rascal .22LR single shot bolt action rifle.

Needles to say, he LOVED IT!

Enjoy!

mavrik

Post by mavrik »

That’s awesome. The smile on his face says it all. Taught my daughter and two of my four grandkids at an early age and they loved it to.
cj5mrt

Post by cj5mrt »

Great job Dad!
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

:mrgreen:
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
FfNJGTFO

Post by FfNJGTFO »

:mrgreen:
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

Great job. I load 1 round at the time for when my son is shooting a 9 and hold his hands too lol. Still has small hands but you can guage his control. If you dont have a .22 pistol you should invest in one.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Cubanstang50 wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:14 pm Great job. I load 1 round at the time for when my son is shooting a 9 and hold his hands too lol. Still has small hands but you can guage his control. If you dont have a .22 pistol you should invest in one.
I have a .22 H&R revolver for him, but I'm thinking about baby 1911 in .22 or maybe Sig Mosquito.

this video wasn't the first time he shot the 9mm; at first I assisted him with both hands; then with just one, and finally he was shooting by himself, but also 1 round at a time for obvious safety reasons. one time with my assistance I let him put 3 in the mag and he did pretty good controlling the gun, though his hands are still small, he's only 11 now, but to my surprise he can rack the slide and chamber a round on the Glock 19 :shock:
Taco

Post by Taco »

That's you?

I thought I met you at preachers... But the face I linked name with was different...

Were you there with your girlfriend and/or wife? If not, who was that?
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Taco wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:46 am That's you?

I thought I met you at preachers... But the face I linked name with was different...

Were you there with your girlfriend and/or wife? If not, who was that?
nope, I wasn't there, you must be thinking of someone else.