Moving a safe

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

I sold mine with every house, used it as a feature after the negotiated price, just said , for $ 500 I will leave my safe for you :mrgreen: , if they declined I explained how the carpet or floor may possible be missing or messed up and not responsible, in every case they bought it.
Clyde621

Post by Clyde621 »

WTG. Now you can buy a larger unit😜.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Ger42 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:13 pm Just talked to another neighbor he said keep it in the house as part of the sale a lot of people would love to have a fire resistant safe.
rentprop1 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:02 pm I sold mine with every house, used it as a feature after the negotiated price, just said , for $ 500 I will leave my safe for you :mrgreen: , if they declined I explained how the carpet or floor may possible be missing or messed up and not responsible, in every case they bought it.
Leaving/selling the safe as part of the house sale makes sense to me as well.
I'll try and do the same when we retire, move, downsize in a couple of years.
Dave P

Post by Dave P »

PVC pipe, or I used 6" rounds fence posts to easily move a 40 ' shipping container.
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:40 pm
Ger42 wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:13 pm Just talked to another neighbor he said keep it in the house as part of the sale a lot of people would love to have a fire resistant safe.
rentprop1 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 12:02 pm I sold mine with every house, used it as a feature after the negotiated price, just said , for $ 500 I will leave my safe for you :mrgreen: , if they declined I explained how the carpet or floor may possible be missing or messed up and not responsible, in every case they bought it.
Leaving/selling the safe as part of the house sale makes sense to me as well.
I'll try and do the same when we retire, move, downsize in a couple of years.
When I get done a wall would have to be opened to get it out.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

I purchased my Dakota Safe from a Fort Lauderdale company owned by a former NYC cop, I THINK it's C&E Safes, but I'm really not sure. Anyways when I moved from an apartment in Pompano Beach to our current house in Coral Springs they moved the safe for me and charged double delivery to do it, I think at the time it cost me $300 or $400 to have it moved AND bolted to my garage floor.

OK, I just checked my big stack of business cards... it was in fact C. E. Safes that moved it for me. The owner is a really nice guy, very pro gun and liberty, /our guy/, and the guys that did the move were super professional and just cool duded to talk to... one used to be a private security guy for famous celebrities in the past, and I remember he was so incredibly jacked it was scary... dude looked like the frikin terminator :shock: I had to keep an eye on my wife during the move :lol:

EDIT TO ADD: I also purchased a small 2 pistol Fort Knox safe from the same place that has a mechanical lock with 5 buttons on it, it has served me very well over the years and currently holds my G19 and XD45 + 1 mag each should wife and I need to defend that which is most precious... children. I also purchased a second Fort Knox 1 pistol safe as a gift for my dad. the one I have opens form the top though, the one I gifted my dad opens on the side. great little safes! they can even be installed inside vehicles for added security if you must leave your gun in the car.

HTH
Wakko

Post by Wakko »

C&E - Curt and Elizabeth. He was Fort Lauderdale PD many years ago. Good dude, won't try to sell you something that you don't need, but will realistically steer you in the direction of what you DO need. I went there to buy a small RSC and ended up getting a rather large one. His recommendation was spot on.

Unfortunately he's also the one that wanted to charge a fortune to move it.
photohause

Post by photohause »

^^^Did this---worked out for everyone.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

I kept the safe neighbor helped me move it into bedroom. Bought some rollers from Amazon and we moved it into it's new home in remodel closet left it on the rollers. I then realized I f'd up and had to move it. Did the whole move myself it's now in it's new closet home.
Leverage leverage allow this 78 yr old to move the safe by myself.
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

Archimedes IS your friend..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk