So I am having a prostate biopsy tomorrow....

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Rchrd.miranda

Post by Rchrd.miranda »

Oh my gosh. Went away for a spell and look what happens. So, by now you are home. Hope not too uncomfortable. take care....good luck...we need the resident curmudgeon.

Richard
playswithstyrene

Post by playswithstyrene »

tector wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 pm So far, so good. I don't get the results for like two weeks. Unless an infection or excess bleeding pops up over the next couple of days the actual procedure was not too bad, although I was self-medicated (legally, I have a script!) so that might have helped. More annoying than painful. But I think Rent might have liked it.

Thanks again to all.
Watch out for infections in the biopsy area. Happened to my dad but was caught and treated before it got nasty. Mom's nagging helped steer him to the doctor's office.

Suggest using Neosporin and applying it everyday in a the affected area, in addition to following the already prescribed antibiotic treatment.
Who farted?!?
tector

Post by tector »

playswithstyrene wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 3:40 pm
tector wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 3:21 pm So far, so good. I don't get the results for like two weeks. Unless an infection or excess bleeding pops up over the next couple of days the actual procedure was not too bad, although I was self-medicated (legally, I have a script!) so that might have helped. More annoying than painful. But I think Rent might have liked it.

Thanks again to all.
Watch out for infections in the biopsy area. Happened to my dad but was caught and treated before it got nasty. Mom's nagging helped steer him to the doctor's office.

Suggest using Neosporin and applying it everyday in a the affected area, in addition to following the already prescribed antibiotic treatment.
Yes, that is a major risk. At this point I am 6 days out, so it is likely not so much a risk now. Still some blood when I go to pee, however, so I guess it is still possible. The urologist told me to see him immediately if I get fever or chills--and if it is off hours, hit the emergency room. It's not an infection you want to screw around with. Glad your dad caught it in time.

Thanks for the thoughts.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”