Fatal BB gun wound in FL

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

My dad was born in 1939. They had bb gun wars wearing surplus WWII gas masks and helmets, they got out of a Honeycombs box. Outfitted better than today’s Airsoft warriors, but were shooting at each other with Red Ryders. When I was a kid we had 10 pump bb guns and NO protection, but at least had the common sense to shoot at each other with 1 pump. Unless someone was being a complete dick. Then they went to the hospital.
Dr. Dickie

Post by Dr. Dickie »

wjbarricklow wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 3:04 am My dad was born in 1939. They had bb gun wars wearing surplus WWII gas masks and helmets, they got out of a Honeycombs box. Outfitted better than today’s Airsoft warriors, but were shooting at each other with Red Ryders. When I was a kid we had 10 pump bb guns and NO protection, but at least had the common sense to shoot at each other with 1 pump. Unless someone was being a complete dick. Then they went to the hospital.
We did the same. But BB guns back then (at least the one we had), even fully pumped and shot at close range would raise a hell of a welt, but would not penetrate the skin (might break it, but not penetrate it). A CO2 gun was a different story, but the BB guns we had were not that powerful. Put an eye out, yes. Sever a brainstem? No.