I Always Wanted To Go To Cuba.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Gary.

How do you KNOW that what you just posted is true?
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

There are people still holding title to their land that was seized. It has long been discussed that if they intend to join the free world, people would have to get their property back. Now if Bernie, Elizabeth, or any of the Dummycrats win, they’ll let them off the hook. I don’t think Trump will. GARY https://www.jdsupra.com/legalnews/law-a ... ult-33288/
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Not necessarily true that the land will be returned. It’s all about the money and the connections. Lands were seized in Central Europe by the commies, and were supposed to be returned. Instead, the government issued “vouchers”, supposedly compensating for the land. These were to be administered by a British banks. Long story short, the vouchers turned out to be worth about 1/4 of their stated value, no one got their land back, the titles went away. The only people who made money on this scam were the British lordships running the banks. The Americans and the British took more with a pen than the Germans and Russians did with guns.

In Cuba, the lands taken were subsequently sold to Western European and Canadian corporations. You think some exile living in Miami is going to see bupkis?

And, before one gets on a high horse here in the US, two words, “Eminent Domain.” Same theft, just legalized window dressing. The politically connected arrange to get land taken “for a public purpose” and amazingly, the connected corporations and investors have the land, and politicians get padded. The previous owners? Old folks, living in homes that finally were paid for, got shoved off for piss value, not enough to replace the home elsewhere. Where? Riviera Beach was just one example.

I guess there’s a reason “Title” and “toilet paper” begin with “T”.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
wjbarricklow

Post by wjbarricklow »

Yeah. Think about who actually decides things like that over there.