Virtual Reality Funny...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Virtual Reality Funny...

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Well...I guess it wasn't funny at the time, but I was laughing when my buddy told me the story today:

Buddy was at his girlfriend's house last week. She had purchased a high-end virtual reality headset/game for her little demon-seed. Full set-up...goggles, gloves, headset, microphone.

He put on the gear and said when the game was fired up, you really feel as if you're inside the scene. He described it as "real".

One of the games was a treasure hunt. You enter a lobby of a building and are directed where to go with visual and audio clues. He enters the elevator and pressed the button for the 78th floor. When the elevator door opens, there is an 8" wide plank exiting the elevator and extending over the "street", 78 floors down. At the end of the plank is a tray of donuts. Your mission is to get the donuts and get back in the elevator.

He steps onto the plank and immediately has vertigo. Looking down he can see cars/people. There are planes flying overhead. He is a contractor, and describes the same feeling as if standing on a tall ladder or on the edge of the roof.

Now the people in the room with you, can see what you're seeing as this device is hooked up to the televison. He gets halfway out on the plank and his girlfriend decides to give him a shove. He freaks out, as if he's falling and jumps to grab hold the "plank".

He said he hit the marble floor like a ton of bricks and whacked his head on a chair.

Blood everywhere...five stitches...dislocated shoulder.

I told him to sue her ass! :lol:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I gotta get one of those :P
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Whatever you do, do not play Resident Evil 7 in VR...
jwperry

Post by jwperry »

I bet she's not going to give him grief for anything for a while!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk