BOND ARMS: insulted by and lied to

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
kayakingsteve

BOND ARMS: insulted by and lied to

Post by kayakingsteve »

Recently had a firing pin break on a Bond Arms Derringer I bought. Discovered there are no sources to buy parts from for them and they do not sell direct to the public.

The first day I called them was told I had to pay 75 dollars to send the gun in to have it repaired. Asked for a call back to speak to someone about that as I felt it was unacceptable to spend that much money for a 10 minute repair and a 10 dollar part. The girl on the phone sounded very young. She said she would email me an RMA number for the return and have someone call me.

Never received an email; got a phone call back from someone who identified himself as "Jeff" the next day (he said this in a voicemail and when I called him back he answered the phone as "Jeff". When I asked him about options he said I had to pay to send it in, and since I was the second owner it was not covered under warranty. They said they would not sell me a firing pin and I had to go to an FFL. While I was talking to him I opened breach on the Derringer (the same way you would to load it) and he told me "I can hear you dry firing the gun in the background". I told him I was not dry firing the gun, I told him I would not tolerate being treated that way and asked for his full name and said I wanted to speak to someone above him in the company. I also asked for an apology and he said he would not apologize "I know what I heard". He then lied and said his name was "Walter" and did not give me a last name, then hung up on me.

AVOID THIS COMPANY!!!
Last edited by kayakingsteve on Tue Jan 21, 2020 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

I bought a used one from a member here about 15 years ago for about half of what they are asking on GB today. It was heavy, cludgy, fit poorly in my hand, although it would adequately slay a full can of Budweiser at 5-10 ft. with a single .410 #9 shot (220 grains) shell. Sold it and went back to carrying my SP-101 with two or three rounds of CCI .38/.357 (100 grains of #9 shot each), followed by three or two rounds of .357 JSP as my primary hiking sidearm in snake country. Five shots in a 25 oz. revolver vs. two shots in 22 oz. derringer..... :mrgreen:
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
kayakingsteve

Post by kayakingsteve »

At this point I am just fixing it to sell it. If the person who talked to me on the phone today is truly a representative of that company I have no hesitation in calling them disrespectful, unprofessional and probably a few worse things but I'd save that for telling to their face if I ever meet the management.
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I have used this method to great effect numerous times in the last few decades.

Pushing shit up a hill almost never works, but taking the shit all the way to the top and letting it roll down is a proven way to make sure everyone has to smell it.

Find out who the CEO/Head Honcho is and write him an old school letter.

Mark the envelope "Personal and Private".

He may never see it, but someone way above Jeff/Walters pay grade will!

You may not get your firing pin but I promise you that someone upstairs isn't going to like the way you were treated.

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease!"
kayakingsteve

Post by kayakingsteve »

That's some good wisdom/observations there. Might try that. At the risk of using a very old cliche' "It's the principle of the thing".
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

It seems that Bond Arms is run by none other than Gordon Bond and Kyndall Bond who may or may not be his wife.

I'm sure they would like to know whats going on.

Bond Arms
1820 S Morgan St, Granbury, TX 76048

EDIT: They have P.O. Box 1296 also.
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

I simply call and tell the first person to answer the phone "Put your supervisor on the phone because they don't pay you enough to take the shit I'm about to give you." Never have an issue after that. :)

Jeff

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk