Walmart ammo alternatives in Florida?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Hammer

Walmart ammo alternatives in Florida?

Post by Hammer »

Looking for some guidance on new source for Ammo, and I may as well start buying in bulk. Does any one have a source in the Florida to buy bulk ammo as a competitive price? Hate to say it but, Walmart had become my main source because of convenience... Would really like to start supporting a local supplier but their price needs to be reasonable.

Obviously could start buying through the nationals companies, Academy Sports, Dick's Sporting Goods, Brownells, etc.... but need to find something Florida local. Maybe visit gun show in Deland this weekend? Is the ​"Florida Gun & Knife Shows​" worth the effort?

Thank you for the help in advance! Hammer
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

I often find great prices with free shipping here.

https://ammoseek.com/

It's all about the price-per-round to my door. Gas & driving time to brick and mortar stores counts in the price.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
gforester

Post by gforester »

Florida Gun Exchange in Ormond Beach has some good deals on ammo.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

there is no walmart alternative, no company had that buying power, you may see loos leader sales from places at close to those everyday prices, but get used to ordering in bulk or paying more.

Our phone has been ringing off the hook about ammo since the walmart shelves went bare and right now I havent decided if tying up a bunch of money in inventory to make a $1-2 per box to keep the cheap SOB's in check is worth dealing with it...

still how long am I gonna have to sit on a case of ammo to make $20, and thats not even figuring I carry 9mm in 115g,124g,148g etc, some ass hat gonna want something different, lets not even get into all the dbags that want some specialty self defense ammo, we get killed in shipping too for just ordering 1-2 boxes of something :roll:

we will have to wait and see what happens
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I still don't see what all the turmoil is about.

If you're in a situation where you need ammo RIGHT NOW then you ignored the last ammo shortage and failed to prepare.

If you're not, just order it and get the same (or better) price and have a nice UPS driver drop it on your doorstep.

I just don't understand why everyone is flipping out because Walmart stopped stocking certain ammo.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

flcracker wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:53 am I often find great prices with free shipping here.

ammoseek.com

It's all about the price-per-round to my door. Gas & driving time to brick and mortar stores counts in the price.
Agree. Ammoseek is the guide to most, if not all, ammo distributors’ prices.

TC6969is right. No need for immediacy; prior preparation prevents poor performance.

I’d just add, stick with the major distributors to avoid grief and “issues.” I’d recommend ammoman.com, lg-outdoors, natchezss.com, midway. Standard “shopping” technique, let your fingers do the walking and get the sales. The woman in your life can instruct you if you haven’t yet learned.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
joel

Post by joel »

rentprop1 wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:06 pm there is no walmart alternative, no company had that buying power, you may see loss leader sales from places at close to those everyday prices, but get used to ordering in bulk or paying more.

Our phone has been ringing off the hook about ammo since the walmart shelves went bare and right now I havent decided if tying up a bunch of money in inventory to make a $1-2 per box to keep the cheap SOB's in check is worth dealing with it...

still how long am I gonna have to sit on a case of ammo to make $20, and thats not even figuring I carry 9mm in 115g,124g,148g etc, some ass hat gonna want something different, lets not even get into all the dbags that want some specialty self defense ammo, we get killed in shipping too for just ordering 1-2 boxes of something :roll:

we will have to wait and see what happens
Exactly. EVERYONE has to make some money. We all provide a product or service and need to make a living.
Walmart put A LOT of places out of business and pays their employees slave wages... THAT is why they sold so cheaply.
Dentists make money, truck dealers make a profit, animal clinics charge well for their service... but gun shops should sell at nearly cost?
Last edited by joel on Fri Jan 24, 2020 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

https://www.ammoman.com/

Right to your door, free shipping, good deals IMO

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
Wulfmann

Post by Wulfmann »

Best deal is Target Sport USA particularly if you buy a membership for $95.00 and you buy enough to make the extra 8% discount work. Cases are shipped free (Individual boxes are free if you become a member)
https://www.targetsportsusa.com/t-bulkammo.aspx

Sam at SGA is another good bulk outlet
https://www.sgammo.com/

Don't take my or anyone else' word for it check out the various sites for your brand as the difference might be better for the one you want at a site that might be higher on what I want.
tector

Post by tector »

I second SGA. Never had a problem, great prices.
“Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.”