Lexus LS 460 Questions...

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

S&W collector wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:46 am Off Lease Only is a good place to shop if you want to buy a car that was in a wreck before. Despite their name they sell more than the stuff from off Lease
There have been instances where they sold cars that were “flood cars” from a hurricane in NC. The titles did not reflect this. GARY
xdtim

Post by xdtim »

Enjoy the car. Good luck !

Tim
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

N4KVE wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:26 am
S&W collector wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 8:46 am Off Lease Only is a good place to shop if you want to buy a car that was in a wreck before. Despite their name they sell more than the stuff from off Lease
There have been instances where they sold cars that were “flood cars” from a hurricane in NC. The titles did not reflect this. GARY
4.7 rating at Consumer Affairs, which is unheard of for a typical dealership.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/automot ... _only.html

ONE story (from 7 yrs. ago) about a possible flood car, and the buyer was made whole. No indication they knew it was a flood car:

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/article/2 ... /812055404
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Captain Steinbrenner

Post by Captain Steinbrenner »

A few years ago they built a huge new location close by my house, it’s always full of people, my friend used to be one of their main guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:20 am
N4KVE wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:26 am

ONE story (from 7 yrs. ago) about a possible flood car, and the buyer was made whole. No indication they knew it was a flood car:

Still they wanted to keep $3400 until the media got involved. Then they gave him the complete refund. Looks like they didn’t properly inspect the car at the auction. GARY.
TheSurvivalist

Post by TheSurvivalist »

Congrats on the car. They are great cars. My wife drives a Lexus and I had one before buying my Tacoma.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

N4KVE wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:07 am
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 12:20 am
N4KVE wrote: Wed Jan 22, 2020 10:26 am There have been instances where they sold cars that were “flood cars” from a hurricane in NC. The titles did not reflect this. GARY

Still they wanted to keep $3400 until the media got involved. Then they gave him the complete refund. Looks like they didn’t properly inspect the car at the auction. GARY.
No-one inspects a vehicle that closely at auction when you're buying 100 at a time. The "media got involved" is open to interpretation.
armedpolak

Post by armedpolak »

Thanks for the feedback guys! I love the car!

ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:07 pm No-one inspects a vehicle that closely at auction when you're buying 100 at a time.
Well maybe they should. Then this wouldn’t have happened. I’m at Mannheim auction all the time. The auction is open 2 hour’s before the bidding starts. That’s when dealers search for the cars they want. They’re available for inspection with keys to open the trunk, & start the car. If they like the car, they write the unit number so they can bid on the car. If there’s water in the trunk, they go on to the next car. If they’re too lazy to inspect the cars, they need to find another job. GARY
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

N4KVE wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:00 pm
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:07 pm No-one inspects a vehicle that closely at auction when you're buying 100 at a time.
Well maybe they should. Then this wouldn’t have happened. I’m at Mannheim auction all the time. The auction is open 2 hour’s before the bidding starts. That’s when dealers search for the cars they want. They’re available for inspection with keys to open the trunk, & start the car. If they like the car, they write the unit number so they can bid on the car. If there’s water in the trunk, they go on to the next car. If they’re too lazy to inspect the cars, they need to find another job. GARY
The BMW dealership didn't find the water until they lifted the spare. Nobody checks under the spare at auctions, especially when you're tasked with buying 100 cars at a time. You look at mileage, overall condition, and a quick glance underneath for leaks.