No More Jumpers

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
P5 Guy

No More Jumpers

Post by P5 Guy »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/fdot- ... ailsignout

Really is that even a necessary thing? Which bridge will be next the Howard Franklin?
Gotta waste tax revenue someway.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

If someone wants to splat themselves, so be it. If they can't jump off the bridge, they'll find somewhere else.

Now if we could just get "suicide by gun" separated from the stats re: "Gun deaths", we'd be doing OK.

:roll:
Last edited by Tenzing_Norgay on Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

Jumpers fuk up the morning commute big time. Divert them somewhere that does not inconvenience the rest of us.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
P5 Guy

Post by P5 Guy »

If a person can't find a suitable bridge the nearby multistory building will have to do. Here's hoping the leaper doesn't hit your car.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

Won't work....wire cutters or knife depending on material it's made of.

Plus it would be real easy to climb over it.

This is stupid
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Where there’s a will, there’s a way!
S&W collector

Post by S&W collector »

Whether you think you can or you think you can't you're right
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

flcracker wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:29 pm Jumpers fuk up the morning commute big time. Divert them somewhere that does not inconvenience the rest of us.
I sat for over an hour for a jumper on the skyway one time, I would have pushed that mother F'er if I was closer
Bmup

Post by Bmup »

Maybe they should just make it illegal to jump off bridges. Seems to be working pretty well in keeping drugs & guns out of the hands of people who would abuse them... or well, maybe not...
Maybe we should just ban all bridges over 20 ft high. Nobody needs a bridge that high anyway, amiright? Then we should ban any bridge with more than 2 lanes because if someone was going to illegally jump, somebody really smart like us would see them & with no training or experience whatsoever, wrestle the poor bastard off the rail & bring him to Jesus... well, yeah, so High Capacity bridges have to go. I'm sure you all see how this is just good common sense and all. Besides, it's For The Children... and somehow - I haven't sorted it all out yet but I'm totally sure of it, somehow It's All Trump's Fault people are jumping off bridges in the first place!

If I ever see someone trying to jump off a bridge I'm going to just drive right by. If I stopped & somehow managed to talk them out of it, they'd probably just wait a week & do it with a rental pistol from one my local ranges. Or one of yours.

And that would Really suck.

/sarc
"Biden/Fetterman 2024 - It's a No Brainer!"

"No society ever thrived because it had a large group of parasites living off those who produce." - Dr. Thomas Sowell
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 1:41 pm
flcracker wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 11:29 pm Jumpers fuk up the morning commute big time. Divert them somewhere that does not inconvenience the rest of us.
I sat for over an hour for a jumper on the skyway one time, I would have pushed that mother F'er if I was closer
1++++++++++++
Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.