Tell me about Dunnellon

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

As long as you can live by the rules I have no problem. Like you said these are in place to keep the area nice. I just believe people should be informed about them. Which many are not.That's all.
BIG JOE
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Both the realtor and title company should disclose that
Gunnyhiway

Post by Gunnyhiway »

I live just north of Dunnellon on the west side of 41 in Rainbow Lakes Estates.
Nice community, minimal rules and regs, no Nazi homeowners association. Small and large lots, some older homes some newer, vacant never built on properties available. Nice clubhouse, free gym for residents( all new equipment), nice dock and lake for boating and fishing.
I live in a real nice 1980s built 3 bedroom, 2 bath, all tile, two car garage, newer roof, privacy fence, a/c inclosed Florida porch/room ( reloading/music room), nice back porch with roof no inclosure or screens, sprinkler system, St. Augustine grass. Backyards a small paradise IMO and the wifes too.

I love it. Just far enough away from Dunnellon but close enough for groceries, hardware, restaurants etc.

You may want to check it out. Neat little community, even has a gas station/jiffy store if you run out of bread, milk, beer etc. and a small Bar-B-Que restaurant.
-
It's a cool place to live reason being..............................I live there !
:mrgreen:

"I do not want to die, but if they try to disarm me, I will surely die that day."
"Guns Don't Kill People, Husbands That Come Home Early Kill People"

ROLL TIDE !
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

https://spotcrime.com/fl

I use this to check crime in an area
RAN

Post by RAN »

BoerBoelGuy/LoanDr here since 04. OK this my area and RE it for the last few decades, $$$'s in D going UP as the younger crew that can no longer afford OC moving that direction, have been focusing on builds and sales in that area as picking slim in OC accordingly. Holler if i can help.
RAN

Post by RAN »

NOT an agent! Just investor here since 99.
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Dunellon is generally rural and you by no means need to live in a restricted community, most people up this way don't. Economy is low wage jobs and retired folk, no major industries and most work rural jobs, farming, etc. or work in Ocala, Gainesville, The Villages, etc. Great fishing, really great tubing in Rainbow Springs, and very few decent restaurants.

Crime is relegated to drugs and domestic for the most part, if you're not in those worlds you don't have to worry. Land can be quite cheap. I moved to Floral City, southern end of Citrus County where Dunellon is northern end, when I retired from Naples because I got 3 BR, 2BA house on 2.5 acres for less than one fifth of what the same size house on 1/10th acre in the City of Naples sold for. And that house got bulldozed to put up a $1.2 million mini-mansion. Nice having no mortgage payment.

Tell them to come up and visit, get a room for a few days and look around. Stop in to the local restaurants and diners and see if they like it. It's not for everyone.

Jeff