If you had the money

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Skoll wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:26 pm And I'm just here with my $80 dollar Casio dive watch.
Strangely enough the $80 Casio and a Rolex that cost the same as a decent used Lexus will give you the exact same time! :lol:
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

TC6969 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:39 pm
Skoll wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 9:26 pm And I'm just here with my $80 dollar Casio dive watch.
Strangely enough the $80 Casio and a Rolex that cost the same as a decent used Lexus will give you the exact same time! :lol:
Yeah, but I can't make other people feel poor with a Casio. :mrgreen:
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

My last Birthday I paid more for a watch than I ever have.
I spent $395 for this (similarly) pictured Seiko automatic winding dive watch.
It looses around 2 minutes a month.
I will give it kudos, the crystal must be akin to kryptonite, I have a bad habit of accidentally slamming the face of my watches on all manner of available sharp edged surfaces, this crystal, so far, has proven to be scratch "resistant".
Last edited by Jeepsnguns on Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Taco

Post by Taco »

And that High Point and Ed Brown will shoot the same ammo, but which do you want when you're on the line at the range? What about when your life depends on a successful and accurate shot?
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

I'm willing to bet the Hi Point is more battle / turf war proven than the 1911. ;)
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:41 pm
My last Birthday I paid more for a watch than I ever have.
I spent $395 for this (similarly) pictured Seiko automatic winding dive watch.

I will give it kudos, the crystal must be akin to kryptonite, I have a bad habit of accidentally slamming the face of my watches on all manner of available sharp edged surfaces, this crystal, so far, has proven to be scratch "resistant".
Love my Seikos. Someday I'll have a Tuna Can:

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Jeepsnguns wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:41 pm
Well, get a wrench and tighten it up if its loose!
GunsandHoses

Post by GunsandHoses »

Have a GMT Master (gift from FIL) that I use to wear daily until I screwed it up at work (cost me $350 to fix :( )! Now I wear a no name digital Casio look a like from Wally World that cost me $15! The Rolex stays at home 95% of the time now, waiting for a night out or a special event!
SN13

Post by SN13 »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 1:52 pm My wife want's to buy me Rolex submarine. Even though I've wanted one for years. Just because I really like them. Has nothing to do with status symbol or whatever.

I just wanted one. It shocked me when she gave me a Christmas card with some scratch off lotto tickets ( won 40.00 bucks btw) :P

She had several pictures of Rolex watches and said I'm buying you one decide which one you want.

The market on then has gone up over the last few years. I kinda look at it as an invest piece of jewelry. 4 years ago I could have bought one for about 4k they've doubled in price.

It'd be a birthday and Christmas and 33rd anniversary gift.

But I'm having reservations about it. About her spending her money.

I've bought her tons of gold and diamonds over the years. A 4500.00 diamond bracelet, rings ect. But my favorite is a white gold, diamond, ruby and Sapphire AMERICAN flag brooch. That thing has gone up 25% in value

I have to admit. I consider all of it as part of my retirement funds. She's 15 years older than me. I know I'm bad :lol:

But to me it kinda I guess bothers me for her to spend her money on me.

She's a great lady. But to be fair she said if I kick the bucket first. She'd get her money back plus some :lol:

I have no idea why I'm posting this. Maybe as a way of talking to myself. I'd never post this on arfcom. They are animals over there.
I have a watch collection and two rolex watches among them.

The modern submariner Date model, is 116610. The modern without a date is the 114060.

These are the thicker lugged, ceramic bezel models.

If you want the older, 16610 or 14060 with the aluminum bezel insert and slimmer lugs, you will pay less.

Then there is the Lume. Earlier 90's models used tritium (now long dead) and later used the Super Luminova. Tritium models will get that creamy patina on the markers eventually... but wont glow anymore.

Anyway, if you are serious, I can offer some help on what to look for and what to avoid so you dont overpay or get scammed.

Cheers. And yes, the arfcom boys don't appreciate a watch that costs more than their rig. :mrgreen:

SN13
BIG JOE

Post by BIG JOE »

If my wife had that much pocket change I would let her buy it for me. My issue would be that I don't go to that many places I would where it.
If you still feel guilty spending her money. I can help you with that. Your a lucky man to be married to her.
BIG JOE