If you had the money

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
ABOC

Post by ABOC »

CaptBarty wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:21 pm Though it won’t keep time as well as a Casio, it is all those other things, plus a store of value. A friend of mine bought one, and wore it while traveling. His idea was it could “buy” him out of a jam, or quick cash anywhere in the world. I have a Submariner, which I like, but may use to “buy” my freedom, as in attorney fees...
^^^
This... a $10K Rolex will do amazing things for you around the world that even a $200K Patek Philippe won't.
CaptBarty wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 3:21 pm I wonder, though if the newer generations of people will lust after them to keep the prices up. If the millennials don’t care, the values could deteriorate, especially when old farts like me die off and relatives sell them, putting more on the market.
That's a small potential loss. Just consider it an "insurance premium" that will no doubt be dwarfed by the abysmal losses some baby boomers are going to take when they try to unload their multi million dollar McMansions to a bunch of Uber driving or Amazon Prime delivering millennials.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens" - Arnaud Amaury 1209
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Liquid

Post by Liquid »

Provided you and wifey are in good financial health I say get it. After undergrad instead of a class ring I bought a Seamaster gmt. 16 years later I still wear it all the time. After grad school 7 years later I considered getting an upgrade (still keeping the Omega). Needless to say the type of Rolex I was looking at was identical. I'd get the watch you like and you won't be spending money on a ton of watches in the future.
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Firemedic2000 wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 6:09 pm Plus to me, in my eye's she deserved everything I've bought her. I guess she feels I've deserve a Rolex and I'll take it and wear it with pride.
This is all that really matters .