If you had the money

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

The Rolex will also buy you a knot on the head... :lol:

I bought my wife a vintage Datejust, but when she's out/about in "the hood" (e.g. SoFla), she wears her look-a-like Seiko...(we put a Presidential bracelet on it...looks legit from 5 feet):

- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Speaking of sailing, wish I had held on to my Heuer Regatta and my Omega Marine Chronometer... :oops:

Last edited by Tenzing_Norgay on Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:41 pm The Rolex will also buy you a knot on the head... :lol:

I bought my wife a vintage Datejust, but when she's out/about in "the hood" (e.g. SoFla), she wears her look-a-like Seiko...(we put a Presidential bracelet on it...looks legit from 5 feet):
But, nothing worse than getting a knot on the head for a fake. Got to give it up quick.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

CaptBarty wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:48 pm
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:41 pm The Rolex will also buy you a knot on the head... :lol:

But, nothing worse than getting a knot on the head for a fake. Got to give it up quick.
True, true...but you'll have the last laugh! :lol:
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

Ive got a TAG for sale $1700
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

rentprop1 wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 6:41 pm Ive got a TAG for sale $1700
If it's a Monaco, I'll take it!

Taco

Post by Taco »

I wear a stainless Sub, '07 (right before rehault engraving).

Been considering a Daytona for a while now- looks like my fathers won't be making its way to me, maybe lost to time, or sold to pay bills, or kept by his wife...

Anyway, prices are due to an increase next year, UK prices (in country) are going to spike due to currency softness, so that will push markets traveled by Brits (like FL) even higher than usual.
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

I'm more of a Breitling guy.

In early 90's when I was beginning to make decent $$ I bought a Breitling New Pluton. It was my daily wear for many years.

In January 2000 I got a good bonus for having to work over the Millennium New Year holiday, I bought a Titanium & Gold Breitling Aerospace as a dress/business watch.

Now that I retired I have no need, about six months ago sold the Aerospace for about 25% more than I paid for it. Still have and sometimes wear the Pluton.

These days I have three different Wengers, and a cool Caterpillar watch my old boss gave me a few years ago, that I wear as daily's.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
Jeepsnguns
Location: Relocated from Manatee County Florida to Marion County Oregon

Post by Jeepsnguns »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Fri Dec 27, 2019 5:16 pm use the $5k you saved to buy more ammo. That'll appreciate more than any watch ;)
There always has to be one to foul up the thread so I'll rise up to the occasion.
I believe Tenzing_Norgay might be onto something here!!!
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

And I'm just here with my $80 dollar Casio dive watch.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."