Naples area people, I need some help

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
rmc51

Naples area people, I need some help

Post by rmc51 »

Naples Florida people, I need some help. My Grandson and his girlfriend are coming down to Naples in a little over a week and want me to meet them up there. They would like to go to a range (AR's & pistols) in the Naples area. I have no knowledge of the ranges in the area. Where should we go?

Thanks
RMC
rmc51

Post by rmc51 »

MnMtnMan
I have a message on my screen,
Personal message: MnMtnMan, I have received your messages, however Comcast says that your email address does not exist, so I cannot reply to you. Please contact me with a valid email address.

But I have no PM. Is that message for me?

I don't know what is happening here at FSN, I just noticed that it says that I joined in 2018. I have been a member for ten+ years or so at FSN. I know lockandload and srgsteve from back in that time frame.

Now I tried to send you this PM and I am told that: The requested users to be added do not exist.
better2have&notneed

Post by better2have&notneed »

Yeah...it’s a little different here now-a-days...
BerettaRacer

Post by BerettaRacer »

The Naples range I used to shoot at closed down, but I have shot a few times, a while back, at a range further south at Port of the Islands. I don't have details but should be pretty easy to check out.
I'll tell you what rule we applied sir.
We applied rule 303.
We caught them and we shot them under rule 303!

Harry "Breaker" Morant
rmc51

Post by rmc51 »

Thanks
Will see if I can find it.
rmc51

Post by rmc51 »

I have found three ranges in the area, Does anyone have some info/background on any of these three?
Deep50
Louland Gun Club
Collier County range
Baudler

Post by Baudler »

Why Naples? I wouldn’t recommend LouLand as I believe you have to be a member and pay a monthly fee. The other 2 I have no idea. Unless you are a VIP member at Alamo, you can’t shoot rifle rounds in their range (main level). I recommend Nexus in Davie as you can shoot rifle right next to pistol. Not to far of a drive from Naples.
weaselfire

Post by weaselfire »

Louland - Members Only. Not expensive membership though. Only open Wednesdays and Fri-Sun. Gulf Coast Clays is their sporting clays partner.
Deep Lake (Deep 50) - 2 mile range, designed for snipers and special forces guys. Not a place for normal people.
Collier County - Sheriff's range, open to public twice a month. Not bad, but it's hard to meet their schedule.

You want:

The Alamo/Lotus Gun Range. Slightly picky on range rules, but decent indoor range.
Naples Gun Range - Somewhat expensive since you have to use their frangible ammo only.

Best Options:

Run up to Fort Myers/Cape Coral. Fowler Firearms and Shoot Straight in Fort Myers and Shoot Center in Cape Coral are all better rages and cheaper. Shoot Center is one of the most modern.

The Cecil Webb range in Punta Gorda is one of the better outdoor ranges and really cheap, run by FWC.

Jeff
Crashpanic

Post by Crashpanic »

weaselfire wrote: Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:44 pm Louland - Members Only. Not expensive membership though. Only open Wednesdays and Fri-Sun. Gulf Coast Clays is their sporting clays partner.
Deep Lake (Deep 50) - 2 mile range, designed for snipers and special forces guys. Not a place for normal people.
Collier County - Sheriff's range, open to public twice a month. Not bad, but it's hard to meet their schedule.

You want:

The Alamo/Lotus Gun Range. Slightly picky on range rules, but decent indoor range.
Naples Gun Range - Somewhat expensive since you have to use their frangible ammo only.

Best Options:

Run up to Fort Myers/Cape Coral. Fowler Firearms and Shoot Straight in Fort Myers and Shoot Center in Cape Coral are all better rages and cheaper. Shoot Center is one of the most modern.

The Cecil Webb range in Punta Gorda is one of the better outdoor ranges and really cheap, run by FWC.

Jeff
This is the credited answer. I go to Louland these days when I do shoot. Nice people there. We used to have more and cheaper options back in the day however.