home alarm suggestions?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
neverenoughguns

home alarm suggestions?

Post by neverenoughguns »

Our cable company is getting out of the alarm business. Our house is hard wired for an alarm and I set it religiously. Any suggestions for a monitoring company that is reasonably priced and does a good job w customer service? I am not interested in going w/ a wireless system, have all the bells and whistles just looking for someone to hook their gear into our system and provide a hard wired service w/ cell backup. Probably not using the right terminology but you get the idea... Any suggestions would be appreciated.
jintsfan

Post by jintsfan »

We use Strada Security: 3400 Saint Johns Pkwy, Sanford, FL 34769, 877-906-1113. Charges run $42/month. System includes iPhone app, cell line for monitoring. Service has been great.

Don't know whether they service your area.

Another option might be Security Pro of Florida, 214 N Volusia Ave, Orange City, FL 32763, 866-961-7649. Have heard nothing but good comments about them. Again, not sure they service you area.
photohause

Post by photohause »

Many other will say this...go with a local guy who cares about your system... Spent too many years having a system go down and no protection for several days.
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Ger42

Post by Ger42 »

Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

photohause wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:13 pm Many other will say this...go with a local guy who cares about your system... Spent too many years having a system go down and no protection for several days.
This.
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast »

Simplisafe
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools !
photohause

Post by photohause »

Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:27 pm
photohause wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:13 pm Many other will say this...go with a local guy who cares about your system... Spent too many years having a system go down and no protection for several days.
This.
^^^This...I got from YOU!
“You didn’t finish school, did you?
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

photohause wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 11:26 am
Tenzing_Norgay wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 1:27 pm
This.
^^^This...I got from YOU!
I know... :lol:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
knite7

Post by knite7 »

SimpliSafe
I've been using them for 6 years. Their basic monitoring fee, which I use, is $15/month ,and goes up if you have video, smart phone, etc. Every time I have triggered an alarm, they have been on the phone within one minute. If I don't answer than they call my cell, if I still don't answer they call my local police or fire departments and than call two (armed) neighbors I have listed. Motion sensors are excellent. Neither of my two cats have ever triggered them. You can set up their system to deal with home invasion and/or hostage situations, all for $15/month.
If interested, PM me for a referral number and get a 10% discount on your order.
When the enemy is in range ... so are you.
Firemedic2000

Post by Firemedic2000 »

I have a home alarm system that I installed as I built my house. Friggin siren is as loud as a FIRE engine siren. But I wired it.

I have it connected to call my phone if it goes off.

On top of that. I have RING floodlights cams and other devices setup up. Also motion detectors set up.

You basically can not step foot on my property without me knowing it.

But I really like the RING devices. I have a strong password plus a second code must be texted to me to access my acct. I think you can tie RING into echo to call police if it is set off.

Oh yeah when I go out of town. I set up a CS smoke grenade in my armory room that has safe and guns and ammo. Just need to remember to uninstall it when I get home. Ask me how I know this :lol: I forgot once :P
RANGER AIRBORNE, BLACK TEAM, FIREMEDIC, NRA BENEFACTOR
In the Government's/Elitist eye's I'm a Terrorist for believing in the Constitution and taking an oath to defend it instead of POLITICAL LEADERS