Miramar Shootout

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
rug357

Post by rug357 »

If they were going to rush the UPS truck why didn't they do it along long stretches of road that were emptied? I watched the entire chase from the helicopter view and there were several sections where the truck was traveling along roads that were cleared of civilian traffic. Everybody knows after 4PM on work days means they would eventually run into heavy traffic.
You may not be of my flesh and blood, but you are of my heart and soul.

Do not mistaken my kindness for weakness.
ABOC

Post by ABOC »

Joecruiser wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:14 pm Here's my take:
The LEOs that APPROACHED the threat thereby neutralize it deserved medles of honor!
Sad for the collateral damage BUT cops are NOW trained to run to the source of fire....
You'll want another MSD....look at the "coward of Broward"...he was waiting for SWAT and hostage negotiators.
What was it that these law enforcement "heroes" do to earn these "medles of honor"?

What it the fact that they insisted on following a hijacked UPS truck within 30 ft with dozens of cruisers when every single vehicle of that company is equipped with an advanced GPS device and could have easily been tracked from the air?

Or was it the cornering of a couple of armed robbers (whom at that point had not killed anyone...) and forcing a shooting in an area jam packed with civilians trapped in their cars instead of retreating like anyone with more than two functioning brain cells would have done?

Was it for the killing of the UPS driver, a young father of two, while they mindlessly and blindly emptied hundreds of rounds into a truck as the result of a confrontation they were 100% responsible for initiating?

Or was it the killing of the other civilian that these "brave" law enforcers used a range backstop (along with everybody else on that highway) while they were literally stomping over each other to be part of the shooting of the day?

Or would that be for using civilians and their cars as human shields while they were engaging that UPS truck not knowing where the hostage was?
I had no idea ISIS had taken over the training of police departments in the MIAMI area but they apparently did!
I am sure you will be fine when they use your minivan with your wife and kids as cover like they did to some people on that highway.

And by the way, this has nothing to do with MSD. These were not mass shooters or terrorists engaged in the killing of civilians, these were two cornered robbers trying to escape after a botched robbery and if they had been given enough space they would likely have done so without killing anyone.

But because several dozens of cops (with no duty to protect and no accountability as one can clearly see) could not wait to be part of the days' shooting to get on the news and be called "heroes" by the mainstream media now two innocent people are dead. But hey, I heard some jewelry was stolen so it was all worth it!

It amazes me how the populace now dumbed down beyond redemption is apparently unable to understand that it could have been them trapped in their car with their family while dozens of badge wearing morons getting busy emptying magazine after magazine in a UPS truck without any concern for the hostage that was in it or anyone else on that highway... And all that over some freaking diamonds... Are you fucking kidding?!?

I guarantee you that anyone acting with that level of recklessness in the military would not get a medal of honor. They would get a court martial.
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens" - Arnaud Amaury 1209
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

You can rip me all you want....smoking crack (really man??)...but next situation like this, which was on the verge of being "active shooters", don't blame the cops if they hunker down...Waiting for SWAT or the hostage negotiators....give me a break.

Facts are, in a violent fluid situation, with perps who already exchanged gunfire with the jeweler and the cops...
Give those guys a medal....heroism come to mind.

Question: You want another coward/broward response???

It's a different era we're in....
aka: Dolfan
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

"it's a different era we're in"

Yea, I guess we're in the era of bootlickers trying to justify an overly militarized, poorly trained police department murdering fellow citizens to get two fleeing criminals that could have been cordoned off at less heavily trafficked sections of the highway while a SWAT sniper specifically trained for these scenarios can be brought in to neutralize the perps.

But what do I know, I apparently support Nicholas Cruz by your logic.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Three more innocents smoked in Jersey City today:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ac ... y-n1099131

Shooting in Jersey City Leaves 6 dead, Including Police Officer and Three Civilians

A police officer, three civilians and two suspects were killed Tuesday afternoon during a standoff and shootout in Jersey City, authorities said.
Image:

Dec. 10, 2019, 1:27 PM EST / Updated Dec. 10, 2019, 6:02 PM EST
By Jonathan Dienst and David K. Li

A police officer, three civilians and two suspects were killed Tuesday afternoon during a shootout and standoff in Jersey City, New Jersey, authorities said.

The deadly mayhem started when the slain officer was investigating a murder and approached two suspects — when one of them opened fire, shooting the officer in the head and killing him, law enforcement sources told NBC News.

The two suspects then fled in a rental van and holed up in a grocery store a few blocks away, near Martin Luther King Drive and Bidwell Avenue, about 8 miles southwest of Midtown Manhattan in New York City, law enforcement sources said.

The suspects and three civilians were killed inside that grocery store in the ensuing gunbattle, sources said.

The 39-year-old officer who was killed has been identified as Det. Joseph Seals, who was with the Jersey City Police Department since 2006. Seals was married and the father of five children.

Though the investigation is still in its early phases, Jersey City Police Chief Mike Kelly said authorities believe Seals was shot while trying to stop the suspects. Kelly said that while he was unsure why the plainclothes detective was there, he believes it may have been related to guns.

"As the mayor alluded to, he was the leading police officer in removing guns from the street," Kelly said. "Dozens and dozens of handguns, he’s responsible for removing from the street."

Two other officers were injured, one in the shoulder and one in the body, but have since been released.

SWAT officers and first responders, including Hatzalah paramedics, who serve the orthodox Jewish community, rushed to the scene.

"Our thoughts and prayers are with the men and women of the Jersey City Police Department, especially with the officers shot during this standoff, and with the residents and schoolchildren currently under lockdown," New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy said in a statement.

"I have every confidence in our law enforcement professionals to ensure the safety of the community and resolve this situation. Today reminds us of their bravery and the sacrifices they, and their families, make for our communities."

All schools in Jersey City were put on lockdown, while campuses in nearby Bayonne were under a "shelter in place" order as a precaution, officials said.

The Jersey City School District first tweeted about the lockdown at 1:30 p.m. and students were not reunited with parents until nearly 5 p.m.

SWAT teams with Jersey City and state police were among those responding. Federal agents from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives in Newark and the FBI were also on the scene.

“I can hear the gunshots. It's like firecrackers going off," said Andy Patel, who works at a liquor store about three blocks from the scene.

"They were shooting like crazy about an hour ago. Then it stopped for like 20 or 30 minutes. The cops were clearing everyone off the streets."
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

Joecruiser wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:14 pm
You'll want another MSD....look at the "coward of Broward"...he was waiting for SWAT and hostage negotiators.

Then, public opinion would've been, "more cowards of Broward...Dade too.
Apples/Oranges...
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

I'm not taking a side here either way but I CAN appreciate the conundrum faced by any LEO in a situation like that.
Well, lets see. Do I hang back and wait for the situation to change favorably and be labeled a coward, fired and sued, or do I do I charge in and focus on neutralizing the threat without considering collateral damage?
Cubanstang50

Post by Cubanstang50 »

This is simply in my opinion. You have a hostage, you come up on a traffic jam, if you barricade them what do you think is really gonna happen? A shootout is what will most likely happen!! You let the go. You already have a helicopter on them and you have the swat team and negotiators available to you. Use your resources. All those cops that shot it out were most likely regular patrol guys. Meaning they have the basic yearly training. They also used civilians as their cover, like really? Wtf is wrong with you people. I see cops getting charged and the chief of police stepping down over this.
TACC

Post by TACC »

Just curious,

Fir the different departments that cut rounds loose from CORAL gables to MIRAMAR and anywhere in between what does their "yearly" training consist of?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk