Buying guns at Goodwill, inadvertently

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

Mailing guns in baby equipment boxes might be a good way to avoid suspicion. I wonder if someone got a misaddressed package, or one intended for a previous resident, and donated it to Goodwill thinking it was just a new product...lol.
flcracker

Post by flcracker »

It's an AR-style 22LR trainer rifle. I'm having a lot of difficulty conjuring up the scenario in which someone would want to smuggle a semi automatic 22 rifle inside a baby stroller box. Maybe if it were stolen and the thief was trying to ship it out of state but that's really a stretch.
....and some rin up hill and down dale, knapping the chucky stanes to pieces wi' hammers, like sae mony road-makers run daft - they say it is to see how the warld was made!
Saint Ronan's Well - Sir Walter Scott, Bart. (1824)
jimmac

Post by jimmac »

IF the rifle was stolen, and down the road the new "Owner" was caught with it, he would have a great time trying to tell the story about how he got it.
OF Course the police would believe his story. SURE
The money he would spend on a lawyer would buy dozens of rifles.
Best bet, call the PD, and be safe.
Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms, add a bag of Doritos, and we have a picnic.
It's a beautiful day, watch some idiot come along and screw it up.
NRA BENEFACTOR MEMBER, RETIRED FIRE LIEUTENANT. FORMER AUX POLICE OFFICER, FORMER POLICE COMMISSIONER
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

jimmac wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:56 am Best bet, call the PD, and be safe.
I wouldn't even hesitate to think about it, it's not like it's a great gun or anything...lol.
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

My first reaction would be “Oh boy!” But, you guys are right, those situations are quite realistic, so the best bet would be to the PD. If it turns out clean, they’d likely give it back to me.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
ABOC

Post by ABOC »

Why would anyone call the police for something like this is beyond me...
And of all 'people' in this country, you would really think that latinos would the ones to know better.
At this point it looks like no group is immune to the "Anglo-Saxon law-abidance retardation syndrome"

Sad...:mrgreen:
"Tuez-les tous, Dieu reconnaîtra les siens" - Arnaud Amaury 1209
Tenzing_Norgay

Post by Tenzing_Norgay »

ABOC wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:07 pm Why would anyone call the police for something like this is beyond me...
And of all 'people' in this country, you would really think that latinos would the ones to know better.
At this point it looks like no group is immune to the "Anglo-Saxon law-abidance retardation syndrome"

Sad...:mrgreen:
Same with the idiots who find $1m in gold coins inside walls of the old house they just bought...THEN TELL THE ENTIRE WORLD!! :roll:
- I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you... -