Facebook hypocrisy.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Allme

Post by Allme »

Taco wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:42 pm Are you suggesting we should have government intervention to force a private company to allow content they do not wish to have? And the arbiter of this need for content would not be the free market, it would be you? Some other government agency? Maybe all content should be approved or disapproved by the government first.

Yeah, great plan.

No, I get it. Some 2a macho man decided to rattle the hive and get some drones all worked up- maybe he even got a few people to bump up their patreon levels. Someone shows you that the premise is stupid, and all of a sudden it's deer in the headlights. Only thing you can think to do is say we're not true Patriots... Ok? Take your ball, go home, and next time take a moment to think before you get to this spot.

We need to expand our numbers. We do that by treating people right, talking about how great freedom is, and taking them to the range. Sharing memes and preaching to the choir isn't going to do it.
I didn't suggest anything, just bring attention to hypocrisy.

As far as getting the numbers up a FUDD is worse than a liberal in so much as they compromise the integrity of the 2A, they have been doing this since 1934 and continue the tradition to this day. Either you support the Constitution or you don't. FB being based in America should have to adhere to the principles/laws/regulations of the country they are based in. I know that folks or companies can't offer pirated software if they are based in the US, why is FB any different? I guess the fudds here are cool with taking what they are given, keeping quiet about it and spitting out their nonsense to those of us who can see through that f*ckery. You can continue being content with what you are handed, myself and a lot of others see through this and are over it. ;)
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Allme wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:57 am
Taco wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:42 pm Are you suggesting we should have government intervention to force a private company to allow content they do not wish to have? And the arbiter of this need for content would not be the free market, it would be you? Some other government agency? Maybe all content should be approved or disapproved by the government first.

Yeah, great plan.

No, I get it. Some 2a macho man decided to rattle the hive and get some drones all worked up- maybe he even got a few people to bump up their patreon levels. Someone shows you that the premise is stupid, and all of a sudden it's deer in the headlights. Only thing you can think to do is say we're not true Patriots... Ok? Take your ball, go home, and next time take a moment to think before you get to this spot.

We need to expand our numbers. We do that by treating people right, talking about how great freedom is, and taking them to the range. Sharing memes and preaching to the choir isn't going to do it.
I didn't suggest anything, just bring attention to hypocrisy.

As far as getting the numbers up a FUDD is worse than a liberal in so much as they compromise the integrity of the 2A, they have been doing this since 1934 and continue the tradition to this day. Either you support the Constitution or you don't. FB being based in America should have to adhere to the principles/laws/regulations of the country they are based in. I know that folks or companies can't offer pirated software if they are based in the US, why is FB any different? I guess the fudds here are cool with taking what they are given, keeping quiet about it and spitting out their nonsense to those of us who can see through that f*ckery. You can continue being content with what you are handed, myself and a lot of others see through this and are over it. ;)
Once again, because you are thick headed :

The 1st Amendment does not apply to private companies. There is no "well it should!!!!1111" in your private fantasy land, it does not. You can just as easily not use it and not care what they do and go about your life as normal instead of insulting people here because they actually had a Civics education. The only reason you're up in arms about this is because it's over something you like. I guarantee you if you ran a private company or site and someone tried to shut you down or get you censored over what you have on it, you'd be shouting the same "The 1st doesn't apply to private entities" thing.

So sit down, shut the fuck up, retake a Civics/Government course, read The Constitution for Dummies, and quit trying to shit on people here because they're not outraged over lizard man's company doing what lizard people do.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."
Allme

Post by Allme »

Missed the point again, but I am used to it. Boomers/fudds often do come with the "private entity/their rules" argument and I get it. You don't seem to understand public domain, the fact that it isn't a private club means they are for a fact held to the 1st amendment. The difference is your driveway and the road in front of your house. ;) Get all bent out of shape all you want, just make certain to take your blood pressure meds; that won't change the reality that they are hypocrites as are you by your vehement defending of their position. Let me guess, retired LEO?
Skoll

Post by Skoll »

Until the internet is classified as a public utility (it probably won't be again for a looooooong time, for very good and economical reasons), nothing on it can be regulated per Constitutional basis. The internet is not a public library, your tax money does not directly (key word here, directly) go towards ISPs to maintain them or their infrastructure. You 100% have the option to engage in the internet or not and while it's not as wild west as it was in the 90s and early 2000s, it's still pretty damn unregulated. And it should stay that way. Inviting government scrutiny into things is not the way to do things, especially if it's just for your little pet peeves.

I will reiterate my first point from the beginning : If you do not like how they run their business, do not frequent it. On Facebook, you are the product.
"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted."