Facebook hypocrisy.

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
Allme

Facebook hypocrisy.

Post by Allme »

Facebook doesn't allow the advertising of any buying/selling/trading firearms period dot com, so how is it that a police department can get away with advertising a buy-back on facebook?

Rules/laws for thee! None for me!

Deputydave

Post by Deputydave »

It's not LEO special privilege. It is liberal special privilege because it fits FB's anti-gun agenda i.e. the government buying back guns from private citizens rather than recognizing the 2A.
Survival and Emergency Preparedness https://www.sepboard.us
REDinFL

Post by REDinFL »

I’ll bet if you pointed out the contradiction, you’d wind up banned or at least in facebook jail. I know just about that much about it as I do not have a fbook account; my wife is glued to it.
Hurrah for the Bonnie Blue Flag that bears a Single Star.
Taco

Post by Taco »

They are a private website, not some sort of government agency or public utility. Why should they not be allowed to censor as they see fit?
TC6969

Post by TC6969 »

Taco wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 3:40 pm They are a private website, not some sort of government agency or public utility. Why should they not be allowed to censor as they see fit?
Its like a corner store with a sign that says they can refuse service to anyone for any reason.

Their store, they can do what they want.
Iosef

Post by Iosef »

They... are humans and we humans are renowned for our flexability, not our consistancy. If you want consistancy, make a machine for the task. Being a hypocrit is part of being human.

The universe doesn't do "fair." If you expect anything else, you still have some growing up to do :-)
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

They probably feel it’s OK to advertise a gun buyback to remove “dangerous weapons” from the public. GARY.
Allme

Post by Allme »

I keep forgetting this is fudd central. You all missed the point, thanks just the same.
Grip Hugger

Post by Grip Hugger »

Allme wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:44 pm I keep forgetting this is fudd central. You all missed the point, thanks just the same.
Really? Have you ever been to FSN shoots? Not too many traditional rifles and lots and lots of black rifle weaponry. I get your point that FB suppresses pro second amendment sales and opinions and promotes anti second opinions thus letting the cops advertise freely their gun buy back. But really do you expect anything else from that liberal cesspool? No need to insult the folks here calling us all fudds. Someone might think you are a dick.
The shooter formerly called #1Glock30
Taco

Post by Taco »

Are you suggesting we should have government intervention to force a private company to allow content they do not wish to have? And the arbiter of this need for content would not be the free market, it would be you? Some other government agency? Maybe all content should be approved or disapproved by the government first.

Yeah, great plan.

No, I get it. Some 2a macho man decided to rattle the hive and get some drones all worked up- maybe he even got a few people to bump up their patreon levels. Someone shows you that the premise is stupid, and all of a sudden it's deer in the headlights. Only thing you can think to do is say we're not true Patriots... Ok? Take your ball, go home, and next time take a moment to think before you get to this spot.

We need to expand our numbers. We do that by treating people right, talking about how great freedom is, and taking them to the range. Sharing memes and preaching to the choir isn't going to do it.