Anyone used ShipMyGun.com?

If it doesn't fit in any of the other forums, post it here!
osprey21

Anyone used ShipMyGun.com?

Post by osprey21 »

Good/Bad/Indifferent :?:

Wanting to ship a couple of handguns intrastate and was thinking about using their service.

TIA
Believe nothing the MSM tells you.
lakelandman

Post by lakelandman »

Everybody's got a plan until they get hit.
rentprop1

Post by rentprop1 »

It honestly might be cheaper finding a local dealer that does outbound transfers and utilizes USPS dealer to dealer.
I looked into using shipmyguns after we had two enied UPS insurance claims back-to-back totaling about $700. From damage caused by ups..
They're claiming they're discounted rates are based on volume but if you look there's a maximum long box size cap at 52 in and a weight limit of 9 lbs.
So for :
Handguns going out of state yes its a win as long as you gamble and dont add insurance costs.

Long guns like a mauser, scoped rifle or anything fixed stock and 20 inch or more barrel, is a wash, because with padding you will never get that into a 50 inch box.....
Shamless plug we do outbound shipping at $20 per gun, discounts for multiples, but shipping rates are actual our rates which are usually more.
They never would answer the question I had about Insurance liability they're charging you additional for it but they're going to put it back on you the shipper for the package not being packed properly. In the BS ups regs it states that you must use a brand new box with a purple seal of appropriate Crush rating or the insurance is invalid..... in the past I always paid for insurance because the extra 8 to $10 was not worth the gamble of it getting Lost, but now especially this time of year you need insurance to protect from damage.
Joecruiser

Post by Joecruiser »

Thxs for posting Rent, very useful info.
Happy belated Turkey Day!!
aka: Dolfan
AirForceShooter

Post by AirForceShooter »

In state shipment?
Just box it up and send it .
You have to notify the shipper it's a gun and send overnight.

AFS
N4KVE

Post by N4KVE »

However, since it’s in state, it will arrive the next day without having to pay overnight shipping charges. So don’t pay triple for overnight shipping when it will arrive overnight with standard shipping rates. GARY.
zeebaron

Post by zeebaron »

That 9 pound & box size limit becomes a problem if you really want to pack a long gun properly. Forget about a hard case at those limits.

I had to ship a nice Bulgarian AK back to Arsenal to get the canted barrel fixed. I went to a UPS corporate counter and I didn't realize that they had to inspect it beforehand if it was a gun (thought I just had to declare it). The lady at the counter was pissed and bitching that I had wrapped it up so well in a custom made box & the gun surrounded in 4 layers of bubble wrap, because it took about 3 minutes to unpack. It was just packed to their specifications so it would even qualify for declared value/insurance!

I've seen how Bud's packs their long guns for shipment in order to save money, and I don't know how they don't end up with more damage claims. I had a Mossberg 590A1 that lost a part during shipping because they had taped the box so poorly and it fell out. Luckily Mossburg sent me the missing part without even a question when I called them...great customer service.